Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

2 minutes ago, Gordo74 said:

No ice in Ross as of 12:35pm.

Same here. We must be near each other. My temp is now 33.1. Rain is coming down harder. Nothing freezing yet but I do have some patches of green grass in my yard where the snow has melted and it is now hard ground and I almost fell. I think parts of the ground never thawed out but I think we will see it forming on the trees first when it does freeze. 

Operational models are trending much closer to a seasonable look for Feb with intrusions of above normal heights from time to time (and some below). Ensembles haven’t yet come to that conclusion. Simply put, I feel like we have to score a few inches on the back end of this to get us through a period that might not be as productive for us.

• Like 1

FWIW The 12Z Euro has freezing rain to sleet and snow after 2 or 3:00 am. Then a general 1-2 inches tomorrow morning. I am more worried about tonight because we will still get a lot of precip from evening to overnight and the freezing rain will really be accumulating. I just do not want any power outages. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

0.63 and still coming. Temp has not budged in so long. Unreal how that cold air has just straight stopped.

Well so far 3K NAM has nailed the temperature situation showing temperatures in central / eastern Allegheny hovering at 33 degrees for almost 12 hours. I can't believe we couldn't get that eastern ridge to be a little flatter to get this through, then again we probably wouldn't be talking snow, just a severe ice storm. Remains to be seen what the effect will be overnight.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I don’t need to see this 

I agree. Upstate New Yorkers who get more snow in an average season than we’ve ever gotten in any season need to stop flexing their totals.

Like, we get it. They’re getting a foot or two of snow, like they do several times every winter. At some point it stops being impressive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I agree. Upstate New Yorkers who get more snow in an average season than we’ve ever gotten in any season need to stop flexing their totals.

Like, we get it. They’re getting a foot or two of snow, like they do several times every winter. At some point it stops being impressive.

Was just pointing out how that boundry came to a hault.

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

Operational models are trending much closer to a seasonable look for Feb with intrusions of above normal heights from time to time (and some below). Ensembles haven’t yet come to that conclusion. Simply put, I feel like we have to score a few inches on the back end of this to get us through a period that might not be as productive for us.

It looks like it degraded a bit from how it looked yesterday. I will be out of town Feb 16-21 and am a big enough weenie that I booked this trip keeping the seasonal outlooks I read in mind (Warm Feb in La nina). Last time I've gone away during winter was 2014 and we came back the day after a 6-10 inch storm I believe. So if you guys cash in during the 3rd week of February you're all welcome :)

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I would imagine a full day of 33 and rain would feel similar to if your team made the Super Bowl 4 years in a row and lost all of them, to put it in perspective.

30-31 and rain all day here hasn't produced much different besides a minor glaze on some trees if it is any consolation ha.