Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Yeah, and since then we’ve had two notable snowstorm busts: 1/19/19 and last weekend. Those can be mentioned in the same breath, right?

not to mention two I believe they were 10 inch snow storms last December. For our area that's pretty good. It's very difficult for us to get 12+

• Like 2

14 hours ago, blackngoldrules said:

It's been a pretty nice event today. Snowed a lot of the day and still coming down where I'm at. We seem to usually get the most out of clippers here. It's those big storms that we usually get screwed on.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yesterday’s 2-4 event was just as fulfilling as last weeks 9 inch snowfall. Like Ritual said, no precip type issues. No dry slot. Various snowfall rates and during the day so you get to enjoy seeing it fall. I say this all the time that if we get heavy snow overnight and you wake up to it already on the ground then it’s not the same just shoveling. I want to see it and be out in it. 

So tonight we get a couple more inches and then maybe another come weekend. I am thinking with this setup and cold we could be looking at several more clippers and even a surprise that springs up the coast. Just enjoy it! :snowwindow:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

As expected the models are starting to pull the storm back west. Still need a big tug to hit us but it's something to track.

Right now we get a light snow from the northern piece of energy. Not sure we can see enough changes to get anything from the main storm. Would really need a big change in the ridge out west to get a clean fast phase so the trough can go negative much sooner. It's a big ask but with no blocking and little confluence if it comes together right no reason it can't be further west. 

51 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

As expected the models are starting to pull the storm back west. Still need a big tug to hit us but it's something to track.

Don't shoot me for saying this, but it seems to be extremely rare for a coastal like this to be depicted 5 or so days out and adjust enough that it gives us significant impacts.

9 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Don't shoot me for saying this, but it seems to be extremely rare for a coastal like this to be depicted 5 or so days out and adjust enough that it gives us significant impacts.

“Cocks Pistol”

lol J/K, I agree, going to need to see some inland tracks today if there is any chance. 

23 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

“Cocks Pistol”

lol J/K, I agree, going to need to see some inland tracks today if there is any chance. 

Also, the models are already showing a pretty bombed out low. Earlier phase likely means even stronger so wouldn't you have to have some ridiculous type monster for this to track up west of I95?

Not to mention that Miller A storms aren't something we generally do great with, again unless they are historically strong storms.

45 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Also, the models are already showing a pretty bombed out low. Earlier phase likely means even stronger so wouldn't you have to have some ridiculous type monster for this to track up west of I95?

Not to mention that Miller A storms aren't something we generally do great with, again unless they are historically strong storms.

Not necessarily stronger in terms of it being lower in pressure, but stronger sooner allows heights to rise out front in response and you get the trough to go nuetral / negative sooner which would lead to further west track. 

IMHO the ridge axis out west is to far east, move that west and sharpin the trough, and who knows. It's a long shot at this point but stranger things have happened. Maybe another n/s shortwave appears and drops in and pulls it NW like the last storm.

5 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Not necessarily stronger in terms of it being lower in pressure, but stronger sooner allows heights to rise out front in response and you get the trough to go nuetral / negative sooner which would lead to further west track. 

IMHO the ridge axis out west is to far east, move that west and sharpin the trough, and who knows. It's a long shot at this point but stranger things have happened. Maybe another n/s shortwave appears and drops in and pulls it NW like the last storm.

Yeah we need a lot of help if we want this storm. Honestly give out east the storm instead of coming far enough west to fringe us but not give us anything significant. CMC has a bomb that crushes i95. I'll laugh if the 12z euro shows an inland runner just to troll the Mid-Atlantic and 95 guys. 

15 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Yeah we need a lot of help if we want this storm. Honestly give out east the storm instead of coming far enough west to fringe us but not give us anything significant. CMC has a bomb that crushes i95. I'll laugh if the 12z euro shows an inland runner just to troll the Mid-Atlantic and 95 guys. 

CMC looks like it wants to blow it up and maybe even retrograde it, which could still put us in the game. 

This looks likes a classic east coast storm set up. Definitely will track it but every model is locked in on basically New England. Euro and it's ensembles are lock step with each other and both show huge hits. Should be a crazy storm if it panned out like the Euro showed. 959mb low with 3 ft of snow would cripple them. Insane

• Like 1