Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

7 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Lol. The reports from the storm last week all had areas right around the city at 6-7 inches. I am not making that up.

Today, again, I have an inch at most, and I think most people around the city and south would say the same.

Last December I had probably over a foot while the airport got less than 10 inches. I had more with that one and was a great storm but was our only really good storm in the last decade. Everything else has been a whiff.

I do get what you are saying to an extent and I’m not sure where you live exactly but I’m sure there are certain locales within our general region’s microclimate that do better consistently and other that would be slightly lower. 

I know for me, comparing my home to my office in Robinson it does seem like Robinson gets maybe slightly more (I’m talking like a couple of inches max) per year. But it is dependent on the event. In the bigger storm last December I had an inch or two more than at the office. 

I just think overall there isn’t enough variability throughout the region to sweat a few inches per year. It’s not like Cranberry is Deep creek haha. 

Jesus, this thread today is virtually unreadable. All I wanted to know was how this clipper worked out while I’m out of town and it looks like this went from basically a non-event when I left on Friday to a solid clipper putting down a couple to maybe a few inches. It’s hard to see how something like this would “bust” unless the ground truth ended up being a coating or something in that range, which it didn’t.

• Like 1

Jesus, this thread today is virtually unreadable. All I wanted to know was how this clipper worked out while I’m out of town and it looks like this went from basically a non-event when I left on Friday to a solid clipper putting down a couple to maybe a few inches. It’s hard to see how something like this would “bust” unless the ground truth ended up being a coating or something in that range, which it didn’t.
It's been a pretty nice event today. Snowed a lot of the day and still coming down where I'm at. We seem to usually get the most out of clippers here. It's those big storms that we usually get screwed on.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Because of one guy. Who needs to not @ me, but instead go to the complaint thread. No one wants to hear that shit anymore. 

It was a fantastic winter day. 3.1” officially, with a lot of 3-4” reports. Some 5 and 6” reports in Beaver and Butler county. Some 2” reports to the south and some of the lower elevations around the city. 

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

And a little perspective here: today clinched an above normal January for snowfall. We’re at 16.9” for the winter, normal through this date is 20.2”. To be at 85% of normal season to date snowfall is pretty solid given how horrific December was. It hasn’t been an epic January, but it’s been a good to great January that checked more of the boxes than it didn’t.

• Like 2

I'd say if you enjoy winter weather than this was picture perfect day. Snow falling heavy at times during the day. Can't really ask for more. 

As far as forecasting this was dead on NWS had us 2-3 with Butler country 4 or 5 and that's exactly what happened. Are we really gonna complain over two inches. It's not like 2016 where we got 4 inches and just southeast got 12+.

3 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

I'd say if you enjoy winter weather than this was picture perfect day. Snow falling heavy at times during the day. Can't really ask for more. 

As far as forecasting this was dead on NWS had us 2-3 with Butler country 4 or 5 and that's exactly what happened. Are we really gonna complain over two inches. It's not like 2016 where we got 4 inches and just southeast got 12+.

Even a bit more at 3.1” officially though it fit the 2-4” WWA.  Let’s see what the next one can do.

28 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

Because of one guy. Who needs to not @ me, but instead go to the complaint thread. No one wants to hear that shit anymore.

It was a fantastic winter day. 3.1” officially, with a lot of 3-4” reports. Some 5 and 6” reports in Beaver and Butler county. Some 2” reports to the south and some of the lower elevations around the city. 

Like I said, I'll shut up. I was wrong today. I ended up with nearly 3 inches even though it looked like earlier we might not get more than an inch. It doesn't change the fact that last weeks storm massively underperformed.

But you jump down my throat immediately, the minute I say that a model trended the wrong way. So maybe you should also simmer down? 

5 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Like I said, I'll shut up. I was wrong today. I ended up with nearly 3 inches even though it looked like earlier we might not get more than an inch. It doesn't change the fact that last weeks storm massively underperformed.

But you jump down my throat immediately, the minute I say that a model trended the wrong way. So maybe you should also simmer down? 

NWS predicted 8-12 and moon recorded 9.1 officially. Just because in your neighborhood you got like 7 or 8 doesn't mean it was a bust. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

NWS predicted 8-12 and moon recorded 9.1 officially. Just because in your neighborhood you got like 7 or 8 doesn't mean it was a bust. 

Why is last week’s storm that came up just slightly short of what we wanted still the topic of conversation anyway?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

It’s not about you saying the model trended the wrong way, it’s about you throwing a fit 2 hours in when you have .5”, and declaring a bust.

33 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

It was a bust for me. ONe of the most disappointing storms I've experienced. If you enjoyed it, good for you, but it was a massive let down for me.

But I'm done talking about it.