Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

26 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Next clipper also looks to be about 25-50 miles too far north. Maybe that will chance but looks like it will follow the exact same path as this one.

What a freaking awful winter so far. 2-4 today turns into maybe 1.5 inches. Next clipper gives us 1-2 again while north sees 3-5, and out big storm turned in to a run of the mill 6 or 7 inch storm for most of us with a huge dry slot and p type issues.

We’re only a few inches behind average for snow, and had a 9” storm. Not every winter has 60”.

This month has been 2.5 degrees colder than normal and so far snowier than normal.  What more can you realistically want?

Anyway, snowing pretty good here.

23 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I haven’t even come close to that. I got 7 from the last storm and I might get 2 from this. The last storm was an absolute bust and didn’t even hit warning level for me,

No it wasn’t.  Stop.  Just because you, specifically, got 7”, doesn’t mean it’s the case for everyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

No it wasn’t.  Stop.  Just because you, specifically, got 7”, doesn’t mean it’s the case for everyone.

It was the case for most of the county. You are welcome to look at the totals. The 9 in Moon was one of the highest reports with most people getting around 7.

It was a big old bust of a storm that wasn't even warning level for most of us.

• Weenie 1

Just now, KPITSnow said:

It was the case for most of the county. You are welcome to look at the totals. The 9 in Moon was one of the highest reports with most people getting around 7.

It was windy, with untrained spotters.  Totals were probably better than reported.

What’s crazy is you are flipping sh*t as heavy snow is falling region wide.  Just look out the window and enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ahoff said:

It was windy, with untrained spotters.  Totals were probably better than reported.

What’s crazy is you are flipping sh*t as heavy snow is falling region wide.  Just look out the window and enjoy.

I have about a mile visibility right now. It is light snow.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Burghblizz said:

Agree. I’ve come to that conclusion this year too. Almost like a Philly cat trolling -  sick of their rain and the Flyers losing

You got me! I'm in Philly! 

Glad you are in a good spot! I am not and will end up with a half foot less than you this week even though you are 10 miles away. It's been a bust of a week and winter here

• Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

No, I think the measurement was about right. I'm 9 miles from the airport at a similar elevation, and had 8 1/4" when I measured at 8 AM. Probably picked up about another inch between then and 11 AM and noon when the snow stopped.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

You got me! I'm in Philly! 

Glad you are in a good spot! I am not and will end up with a half foot less than you this week even though you are 10 miles away. It's been a bust of a week and winter here

I really am curious, what is the point for you, then? As a casual reader of this forum as well as the old accuweather forums before they shut down there seems to definitely be one consistency with you through the years - Whining.

No amount of snow is ever going to be enough for you unless your individual backyard had the highest total from any given snow storm you are going to find a reason to complain. We could get 20" but if Central PA had 35" you would moan about it. Do you even have to deal with any of the shoveling or work related to moving those absurd amounts of snow? You cry on reddit enough about having to drive in it, clearly you don't ACTUALLY like when it snows and you still have any level of responsibility. So seriously, what is the point here for you? What would make you happy? I don't think it's possible. Cry baby. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, TorontoTransplant said:

I really am curious, what is the point for you, then? As a casual reader of this forum as well as the old accuweather forums before they shut down there seems to definitely be one consistency with you through the years - Whining.

No amount of snow is ever going to be enough for you unless your individual backyard had the highest total from any given snow storm you are going to find a reason to complain. We could get 20" but if Central PA had 35" you would moan about it. Do you even have to deal with any of the shoveling or work related to moving those absurd amounts of snow? You cry on reddit enough about having to drive in it, clearly you don't ACTUALLY like when it snows and you still have any level of responsibility. So seriously, what is the point here for you? What would make you happy? I don't think it's possible. Cry baby. 

Lol, ok troll. I'm here because I love snow, and consistently I can go even 10 miles away and places have double the total I do.

So go ahead and say what you want troll. I'm sick of alway having less than places nearby.

Oh, and far as driving, I'll stay home if I can, but I don't like drivers that think they can still go 80 MPH in because they have a jeep. Also, it is weird you are stalking me.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

Telling the truth is not trolling. I had 7 inches last week and I don't even have an inch right now. How is saying that trolling? THe only people trolling are the ones claiming I am lying.

Can’t you see though how it would seem unlikely that you always have less snow than a mere 10 miles away?

That is incredibly unlikely to be, every time without fail, lower than every other location in the county.  Couldn’t you just have expectations that are way too high and you stay disappointed when they aren’t reached?

It is snowing outside nice right now. Let’s get along. Who cares about who gets more. I literally have had storms where I can walk up the hill in oakmont and there’s more snow than I have down by the river. It’s still awesome to track and while it’s falling and we only have a few months to do it. My 2 cents at least. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Oh, well, there's about 3" in Beaver County. I'm sure the NWS office in Moon will have a respectable total.

You're in Beaver county where there was more snow. 

The NWS office was correct at 9 inches. In the city and around it 6-7 inches was pretty normal as we dryslotted forever.

5 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Can’t you see though how it would seem unlikely that you always have less snow than a mere 10 miles away?

That is incredibly unlikely to be, every time without fail, lower than every other location in the county.  Couldn’t you just have expectations that are way too high and you stay disappointed when they aren’t reached?

Lol. The reports from the storm last week all had areas right around the city at 6-7 inches. I am not making that up.

Today, again, I have an inch at most, and I think most people around the city and south would say the same.

Last December I had probably over a foot while the airport got less than 10 inches. I had more with that one and was a great storm but was our only really good storm in the last decade. Everything else has been a whiff.

Also, to add on here, yes I know I can't control, but I hope none of you that are complaining about me complaining ever complain about a sports team because you can't control that either.

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

Lol. The reports from the storm last week all had areas right around the city at 6-7 inches. I am not making that up.

Today, again, I have an inch at most, and I think most people around the city and south would say the same.

Last December I had probably over a foot while the airport got less than 10 inches. I had more with that one and was a great storm but was our only really good storm in the last decade. Everything else has been a whiff.

We had a 10" storm in 2018 also. Nearly three 10" storms in the last 4 winters alone

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Well I’m in the city and had easily over 8”, and I’m not making that up.  These reports aren’t all from trained spotters, so take them with a grain of salt.  I mean Jesus, we had a major storm.

I’d say all three December storms were great.  Especially the Christmas storm that made it our snowiest Christmas of all time, but you probably had 6” instead of 7” so it was shit.

Just now, Ahoff said:

Well I’m in the city and had easily over 8”, and I’m not making that up.  These reports aren’t all from trained spotters, so take them with a grain of salt.  I mean Jesus, we had a major storm.

I’d say all three December storms were great.  Especially the Christmas storm that made it our snowiest Christmas of all time, but you probably had 6” instead of 7” so it was shit.

NOpe, it was a great December, and I didn't complain the rest of the winter even as the rest of the winter sucked. That December made up for it.

This last storm though was one of the worst I can remember though as far as showing a foot or more the day before to barely get 6 or 7 inches.

1 minute ago, Burghblizz said:

Yeah - 11” in March 2018.  That was a nice overproducer. Not quite the impact of the 12.20 storm, but nice prolonged snow if I recall. 

I loved that storm. Was amazing to see it accumulate w poor sun angles and was also great to finally snap our streak of no 10" storms. 

Just now, KPITSnow said:

What is your problem dude? I'm hoping the radar fills in. I don't have an inch as is probably the case in most of AGC. We will see if we can catch up a bit. I doubt it though.

No problem, you’re just so back and forth, it like bipolar.  First you complain because you have a half inch total with like four flakes falling and now you’re ready for 3”.

You seem to react too quickly about everything.  Just wait and see what happens before declaring a bust.

The constant negativity makes it unpleasant to read these posts.  I may have to stay away on Tuesday, because if we don’t max out I won’t want to be here reading.