Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

8 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Man I started tracking back in 2010 and I have yet to get a worthwhile storm. This hobby is frustrating and for some reason I keep coming back.

You missed Feb 2010? That was one it looked like we would miss again to the South, then the detour sign went up and the blocking confluence let up just enough and we got crushed. One that started getting better and better as we got closer.

1 minute ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

You missed Feb 2010? That was one it looked like we would miss again to the South, then the detour sign went up and the blocking confluence let up just enough and we got crushed. One that started getting better and better as we got closer.

That's what made me interested in weather. the fact that I heard we were getting 6 inches and it kept snowing until 20+. It fascinated me, unfortunately we have yet to get anything really close in the past 12 years. 

3 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

Guys, im getting sad. When will this hole close? Someone make me feel better please

You were the one making me feel better, so no luck there.  Just got to hope the low in WV transfers soon.

Doom and gloom crew was right, they can talk about it forever now, lol.

Not even going to bother with next weekend.  A damn shame to have the bitter cold forecasted for the end of the week with very little snow on the ground.  That will probably warm up anyway.

Just now, Ahoff said:

You were the one making me feel better, so no luck there.  Just got to hope the low in WV transfers soon.

Not even going to bother with next weekend.  A damn shame to have the bitter cold forecasted for the end of the week with very little snow on the ground.  That will probably warm up anyway.

I did not want to be right.

3 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

It will. By Wednesday afternoon you’ll see parts of your lawn that you just saw earlier today.

Think negative and you will get negative. Its like golf.

You need to optimistic. The Steelers are done. We all know that. We have snow to root for now that the Steelers are don.  Pick up your heads. There is a batch of snow moving toward us and the back end will pivot and give us an additional 5 inches by noon tomorrow for a total of 8 inches which I will take.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, north pgh said:

Think negative and you will get negative. Its like golf.

You need to optimistic. The Steelers are done. We all know that. We have snow to root for now that the Steelers are don.  Pick up your heads. There is a batch of snow moving toward us and the back end will pivot and give us an additional 5 inches by noon tomorrow for a total of 8 inches which I will take.

Hope you're right.  Lost a lot faith in the storm, not to mention our NWS and local Mets.  How they could completely disregard this possibility is wild.

4 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Hope you're right.  Lost a lot faith in the storm, not to mention our NWS and local Mets.  How they could completely disregard this possibility is wild.

To be totally honest, this storm looked like a slam dunk from day 5 out to last night. The only model that held out was the NAM. I dont blame the mets because there was enough evidence in the models to support their 8-12. Honestly, we can still get to 8. Low end, sure but we can still get there

• Like 2

I'm not going to rehash my story again but I've been through a lot personally in my life the past couple of years and I've learned that you can't sweat the things you have no control of. There are much worse things that can happen in life than missing out on snowstorms and I unfortunately know this all too well. I used to watch snowfalls with my wife out of our patio window. She loved the snow too. I can't do that anymore with her and it hurts. A lot. Always will. So, I no longer let this kind of stuff get to me anymore. Instead, I'd rather just enjoy a hobby now that I kinda got away from for a while. Enjoy the tracking. Enjoy the anticipation. Hope a storm can bury us. If it doesn't. I just move on to the next one. Whatever happens happens.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Ahoff said:

Also I’ll be in Florida next weekend so @KPITSnowwill have to do double duty on the doom and gloom if we get a storm.

I may be in the minority but I have seen this play out too many times and someone said not to get your hopes too high or you will be disappointed. NWS has been 6-11 in their WSW message almost all day. They upped it to 8-13 for a short time early today and now they have 5-11. I have 3 on the ground right now so if we get 2-8 more than they will be right. I am still thinking we get 5 more between now and the end.:pepsi:

BTW I am glad the Steeler season is over and can put me out of my misery. James Washington needs to be a starter. Maybe Rudolph will target him next year. Ok lets fill that hole in. I was looking for the detour sign but couldn't find it. We could us it. It worked 12 years ago lol!

15 minutes ago, north pgh said:

If the NAM called this so far we have to be optimistic that it will verify over night. I'm still thinking between 1:00 am and mid morning we will be pleasantly surprised with some more.

Yeah NAM and HRRR show around 1am precip builds back in. I'm at 3, can we snag 5 more? 8 was my bar so within reach.