Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

Just now, Rd9108 said:

16z HRRR to drive you guys crazy has 10 inches on the ground and it's still snowing pretty good at the end of the run.

As a counterpoint, the Euro is probably one of our worst runs in a while. "only" gives 8 inches while Youngstown sees nearly 16. Must really kill us with the dryslot, and unfortunately it has been extremely consistent with that.

16 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

The latest RAP is pretty bad. A huge shift west and takes the bullseye over cleveland. I hope it isn't picking up on a short term trend. 

1 minute ago, Rd9108 said:

16z HRRR to drive you guys crazy has 10 inches on the ground and it's still snowing pretty good at the end of the run.

Yea, i'm not woprrie about the RAP because the HRRR has been better with that dry slot with every run

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

As a counterpoint, the Euro is probably one of our worst runs in a while. "only" gives 8 inches while Youngstown sees nearly 16. Must really kill us with the dryslot, and unfortunately it has been extremely consistent with that.

I guess we will find out tonight if that dry slot is that bad.  

8 inches in the north and west part of the county by midnight on the 17z HRRR. There is a ridiculous snow "crack" I'd call it where parts of Westmoreland get like an inch.

It also looks like it is not going to dry slot.

To quote the great Bob Prince, this is going to be a gnat's eyelash sort of deal.

Just now, Ahoff said:

Ok, that's good.  I just getting nervous now.  Seems the trends weren't great today, or am I wrong there?

I think the trends with the models that are now in range have been good. 3K had a slight east shift. HRRR has been moving east and lessening the dry slot since its 12z run. GFS and CMC and RGEM have all been steady and good. We are in the game. 

• Like 5