Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2021-22 Complaint/Banter Thread

IWXwx

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Does anybody know Jackstraw off of the board, like on social media?  He hasn't been on here since late June, which is concerning.  Terrible start to winter in the area, but still.

We messaged a few times last spring and he mentioned that he was a Covid long hauler, but would be around. I saw a few more posts, then he disappeared.

17 years ago tonight, while I was still living in LAF, I made an impulsive drive north to northwest IN to intercept an intense LES band.  It was a Saturday night, just like this year. 

The band was ripping at about 2-4" per hour.  I-80/94 in Lake county was an absolute disaster with several inches of snow on the interstate.  Driving conditions were terrible.  I had never seen an interstate look like that.  There were no plows anywhere that I saw.  As I drove throughout Lake county, I encountered a number of stalled out vehicles.  Total snow amounts neared 2 feet in the hardest hit area of the county.  I didn't stick around long and got back to LAF in the wee hours of the morning.  

• Like 2