Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2021-22 Complaint/Banter Thread

IWXwx

14 minutes ago, dmc76 said:

It wasn’t just those 2 years. It was 90/91, 88/89 and 94/95

Years that we were screwed? I thought 88-89 was bad everywhere. I mean...like I said, it's way too early to make a call. It's been a frustrating Winter so far for damn sure though. I don't buy into that stat padding crap either. November saw 7" of snow...it was still snow. But I look at it like it's a cruel joke from ma nature. You start off with a bang before winter even starts, like giving candy to a kid before dinner, then you let it fizzle to zzzz.

There were some cold, dry winters in the olden days. A few of the dreaded 40s winters were actually quite cold.

50 minutes ago, luckyweather said:

Unpopular wish - Tonga volcano keeps emitting and creates a year without a summer and it snows in June.

amount of SO2 injected in the stratosphere looks to be far too low at the moment to have any noticeable impact on the climate,  will have to keep an eye on it in the next few weeks

Cold and dry unfortunately seems to be the theme for a while, and the Indiana screw zone has been brutal thus far, but posting all these op model runs verbatim qpf and assuming that's what happens is lol-worthy. Any impulses, clippers, or snow with arctic fronts will not be modeled well ahead of time anyway, much less with as much as the models have been struggling.  And of course, it's not out of the question for another decent system to pop up in a cold regime. 

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, ILSNOW said:

Back to?? December and January have sucked. U take out the New Year’s Day event we have 2 months of nothing, while our neighbors in Missouri, Kentucky, Georgia and Virginia will have almost 10-20 inches more then N IL. 

Not sure about that. season to date snowfall map thru yesterday shows that parts of Missouri literally had 0 snowfall until today.

But all that said, not a fun pattern :thumbsdown:

Screenshot_20220115-185620_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, ILSNOW said:

Back to?? December and January have sucked. U take out the New Year’s Day event we have 2 months of nothing, while our neighbors in Missouri, Kentucky, Georgia and Virginia will have almost 10-20 inches more then N IL. 

February is supposed to suck next month. There have been a lot of talks about next month being very mild. We'll be paying for that next year.

2 hours ago, Spartman said:

February is supposed to suck next month. There have been a lot of talks about next month being very mild. We'll be paying for that next year.

Yup. Unlike last year pretty much prepared for non-snow year. Just hope if that's the case we can grab an early spring. They can't all be good years.

53 minutes ago, kevlon62 said:
3 hours ago, Jonger said:
After last winter's LES dumpster fire....this is nice to see. 
This was last weekend in the U.P.
20220109_132510.thumb.jpg.8c93e57df1269a0c4014f15efd9e87b5.jpg

Heading "up" again this Wed. Honestly, not as much angst anymore on the local misses.

I’m going first weekend in March. Love going up there, but not the same as actually getting snow out the front door 

20 hours ago, Spartman said:

Just curious where you were hearing next month is supposed to be very mild?  Neither the CFS nor euro weeklies show a mild February. Quite the opposite in fact.