Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2021-22 Complaint/Banter Thread

IWXwx

5 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

So far this winter has gone much like how a good chunk of 2021 went.  Very long periods of benign/dry weather, and then maybe a week or two stretch of excitement that quickly brings the long-term stats a little closer to the overall average.  So, if the theme continues we shall see another 3-5 weeks of blah followed by an exciting stretch somewhere in mid February, and that perhaps drops 10-20" of snow in that time frame.  Following that another 3-6 week stretch of mind-numbing boringness until the next stretch of excitement arrives in late March/early April. :rolleyes:

Sounds about right

7 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

So far this winter has gone much like how a good chunk of 2021 went.  Very long periods of benign/dry weather, and then maybe a week or two stretch of excitement that quickly brings the long-term stats a little closer to the overall average.  So, if the theme continues we shall see another 3-5 weeks of blah followed by an exciting stretch somewhere in mid February, and that perhaps drops 10-20" of snow in that time frame.  Following that another 3-6 week stretch of mind-numbing boringness until the next stretch of excitement arrives in late March/early April. :rolleyes:

Pretty much what I expect every winter.  Exceptions happen like 2007-08,13-14 etc. Trend seems to be eliminating December as a winter month lately. Not sure if March and April will make up for lack of activity in December.

1 hour ago, nwohweather said:

My complaint is everyone expects a Traverse City winter. The last 15 years have totally spoiled snow fans with its deep cold and deeper snows

Local Climo 33.6"

MBY-

2015-'16  21.9"

2016-'17  14.8"

2017-'18  27.9"

2019-'20  27.5"

2020-'21  35.9"

The only saving grace last year was two storms in a 2-week period (8.3" & 11.8").

Yeah, I'm really spoiled.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, let's not leave out my 1.7" so far this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Rant!!!

I remember a time when we would have a parade of clippers ( what happened to them) and when storms would phase and bring big storms (what happened to them). Outside of last weeks snow we have had nothing even to track and the next 10days to 2 weeks don’t offer much hope. It’s going to be almost the end of January and we will have snow one day this winter. Places in Kentucky and Tennessee will have twice as much snow!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ILSNOW said:

Rant!!!

I remember a time when we would have a parade of clippers ( what happened to them) and when storms would phase and bring big storms (what happened to them). Outside of last weeks snow we have had nothing even to track and the next 10days to 2 weeks don’t offer much hope. It’s going to be almost the end of January and we will have snow one day this winter. Places in Kentucky and Tennessee will have twice as much snow!!!!

In the last 10 days we have had a:

winter weather advisory for 2-4" snow 12/28

winter storm warning for 4-6" of snow 1/1

Wind chill advisory with below zero temps and days below 15 degrees

winter weather advisory 1/4 for ground blizzard conditions

winter weather advisory for freezing rain/drizzle 1/7

all this in a dead pattern essentially. And certainly better than last year, which eventually went wild for a 6 week period around January 18th.

PS you may get a clipper Monday AM which could give you a 1/2 inch.:lol:

32 minutes ago, ILSNOW said:

Rant!!!

It is a good point on the clipper parades. I can’t remember the last good one where we had several 1-3” type events in a week. That’s supposed to be what we’re known for!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ILSNOW said:

Rant!!!

At least you've had 1. Here in Indy we haven't had any

1 hour ago, mimillman said:

May need to travel to Arizona to see some precipitation.

meanwhile:

an some of the roads are terrible.  Was probably going 5-10 mph as I approached a stop sign and still started to slide into the intersection.

Yes they are.  Seen 2 jacked knife semis and 3 cars in ditches in a 6 mile stretch on I-57 in Kankakee County.  

19 hours ago, ILSNOW said:

Rant!!!

They became extinct for everywhere not named Boston or Minneapolis after GHD 1.