• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter 2021-22 Complaint/Banter Thread

IWXwx

It's the first day of met winter, so figured I'd set up shop. FWA climo is unfortunately closer to Ohio's than the rest of the Sub's, so I may just camp out here.  The fall thread was only a couple of pages, but this thread has contained some classic-epic-historic meltdowns in past winters, so I want make sure there is a place to vent.

I figured I'd start by taking a jab at Josh. Congrats on snagging Baez lol. I say this being Being a Cubs fan for the past 55 years. Don't get me wrong, he is an exciting player and has a knack for making outstanding plays, both on defense and running the bases. He no doubt played a big part in the run to the '16 Series.

But my God, if pitchers would just feed him nothing but hooks and changeups, he would be batting a buck 20. I don't know why anyone would throw heat to him that is anywhere close to the zone.

Below is a video grab of him taking a hack against the Giants in August. This is NOT the ball coming off of his bat, but a change-up heading TO the plate. :lmao:

Javy.gif

2 hours ago, IWXwx said:

It's the first day of met winter, so figured I'd set up shop. FWA climo is unfortunately closer to Ohio's than the rest of the Sub's, so I may just camp out here.  The fall thread was only a couple of pages, but this thread has contained some classic-epic-historic meltdowns in past winters, so I want make sure there is a place to vent.

I figured I'd start by taking a jab at Josh. Congrats on snagging Baez lol. I say this being Being a Cubs fan for the past 55 years. Don't get me wrong, he is an exciting player and has a knack for making outstanding plays, both on defense and running the bases. He no doubt played a big part in the run to the '16 Series.

But my God, if pitchers would just feed him nothing but hooks and changeups, he would be batting a buck 20. I don't know why anyone would throw heat to him that is anywhere close to the zone.

Below is a video grab of him taking a hack against the Giants in August. This is NOT the ball coming off of his bat, but a change-up heading TO the plate. :lmao:

Javy.gif

I am just glad to have our infield complete instead of platooning at SS. Hack away, Javy.

4 hours ago, Stebo said:

I have been reading the exact opposite happened last year, that he batted like .120 vs pitches over 95mph, so basically any fastball at this point.

Oh, I wasn't saying don't throw fastballs, but just make sure they are off of the plate enough that he has trouble reaching them and he'll swing away. He's always been one of those guys that doesn't miss a mistake, so just throw anything that's not a strike. He's always been horrible on off speed stuff as long as the pitcher doesn't hang one.

EDIT: I just checked his stats and his walk rate through his major league career is right at 5%.

On 12/1/2021 at 7:14 PM, WaryWarren said:

I dislike Baez even more than the Cubs fanbase, such a clown-ass. He has talent but doesn't seem like he wants to apply it much. I get to hatewatch him 19 times each year against the Sux.

Javier Baez 2021 season:

.265 BA 31 HR 18 SB 87 RBI 

2019 Season:

.281 avg  29 HR  11 SB 85RBI

2018 Season:

.290 34 HR 111 RBI  21 SB

multi position gold glove winner on defense.

sorry for the OT. But when people just spew noise minus facts you just have to set the record straight. These statistics point to a very good consistent player. What you think of his personality or playing style is subjective. Though many consider him one of the most entertaining players in the game. I think Tiger's fans will enjoy him immensely....but would agree when his swing rate fades he could fade fairly quickly.

sidenote: I owned him in my highly competitive 16 team fantasy baseball league and he helped garner me my first title. Did move him late in the season due to his questionable OBP skills...but that power/speed combo tough to fine in middle infielders.