• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

Next and possibly final period to watch this winter is going to be in the 3/8-3/13 time period. Similar set up as this storm that just passed but with better ridging in Greenland and in the AO region. If we are going to score this month, it's going to be from a follow up wave from one of these cutters that times with the cold air. First week of March looks like snoozeville though, doesn't look all that warm though save for a day or two.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Good riddance? We barely had a winter besides a few cold spells and a couple minor events. Can't believe it's over...seems like it never really started.

48F/Breezy

I don’t think I was ever under a winter storm warning this year, just advisories.

Touched 50F today. How’s our “greatest March since 2015” looking? Asking for a friend.

8 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I don’t think I was ever under a winter storm warning this year, just advisories.

Touched 50F today. How’s our “greatest March since 2015” looking? Asking for a friend.

I shoveled once. The other times (2-3?) it either didn't stick on paved surfaces or melted before I could get my boots on and get outside....

48F/Winds have calmed. Tomorrow may be the last day w/highs in the 30s or below till next Fall/Winter...

5 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Good riddance? We barely had a winter besides a few cold spells and a couple minor events. Can't believe it's over...seems like it never really started.

48F/Breezy

LOLOL..

You should know me well enough by now that why I said “good riddance” is exactly for the reasons you listed‼️

I can’t stand to think of the countless hours I/we spent on various weather forums tracking for nothing it seems but one measly shovelable event….

SO…One more time…”GOOD RIDDANCE” to another crud non-winter‼️ 

1 hour ago, snowwors2 said:

LOLOL..

You should know me well enough by now that why I said “good riddance” is exactly for the reasons you listed‼️

I can’t stand to think of the countless hours I/we spent on various weather forums tracking for nothing it seems but one measly shovelable event….

SO…One more time…”GOOD RIDDANCE” to another crud non-winter‼️ 

Ok, I gotcha. ;)

I'll admit, I spent less hours/time this year than previous years. Mainly because I'm sick of wasting time when I could be doing something more productive and in the end we ultimately get shafted. But I still spent way more time than the average sane person...

37F  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Ok, I gotcha. ;)

I'll admit, I spent less hours/time this year than previous years. Mainly because I'm sick of wasting time when I could be doing something more productive and in the end we ultimately get shafted. But I still spent way more time than the average sane person...

37F  

Probably true for most of us in here, even if we "cut back", lol.

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Probably true for most of us in here, even if we "cut back", lol.

Yep. I think if we keep having subpar winters my time spent will decrease each year....still above average but more manageable. However, all I need is a one kick ass December then I'll overload for at least the rest of that season. :arrowhead:  

34F

On 2/25/2022 at 5:09 PM, Birds~69 said:

39F...wind has been cranking a bit this afternoon. Actually the past two weeks the wind has been the most consistent feature.

A strong, consistent, early spring wind from the east normally casues an a bummer crop for maple syrup farmers. Especially, following prolonged and consistent cold.  

I still think the 9-10th time period bares watching. Secondary wave riding the boundary, high pressure is a good spot this time, but it's far from a slam dunk look. If it amplifies too much we flip to rain and if it doesn't amplify enough it slides harmlessly SE. Thread the needle set up, what else is new? Would be somewhat rare though to not get a single threat or even just flakes flying in March and overall cold air is still on the continent. 

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Meteorological winter sucked, that is all

I'm thinking a D grade for the winter. Blowtorch Dec and Feb...slightly below Jan. Approx 11-12 inches of snow which half didn't stick to paved surfaces. Times township snow plows used, once/myself shoveling, once. Brine/salt roads 10+ times in which 2/3 weren't needed which only made my car white and rust the underside/brake lines. No winter storm warnings, no holiday snow (Christmas to New Year)...I'm sure this winter sucked in more ways which I can't think of right now.

30F

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

I'm thinking a D grade for the winter. Blowtorch Dec and Feb...slightly below Jan. Approx 11-12 inches of snow which half didn't stick to paved surfaces. Times township snow plows used, once/myself shoveling, once. Brine/salt roads 10+ times in which 2/3 weren't needed which only made my car white and rust the underside/brake lines. No winter storm warnings, no holiday snow (Christmas to New Year)...I'm sure this winter sucked in more ways which I can't think of right now.

30F

Early morning snow/ice

D-