Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

37 minutes ago, Newman said:

It'll be interesting to see how much accretion actually occurs considering it could reach 70 in spots Wednesday

Well, trees and powerlines would be the first to freeze up. I'm not sure 70 degrees a day and a half prior to the event will make much difference with those objects...

13 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Ice fishing, or just regular? Where at? Sorry I'm so full of questions, I've always wanted to go ice fishing for perch but it's yet another hobby I have yet to invest into. I did see some people ice fishing several weeks ago during our super cold snap, so I know it is feasible in our area at least.

Nah not ice fishing. I was off the bank off the mullica river. I never bothered before but I know many people do it since there's not much else going on in January and February. Seen a couple of boats and kayaks out there lol. Diehards! I went to four different spots which were all new t me til I finally caught something. Seems like you gotta move around alot

16 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

18z GFS/EC - mix to rain in southern part of CWA (although the 18z for the EC does not go out far enough to show the end of it).

floop-gfs-2022022118.prateptype_cat.conus-18z-feb24-26-storm-animated-02212022.gif

floop-ecmwf_full-2022022118.prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus-18z-feb24-26-storm-animated-02212022.gif

Euro is trending quicker with the jump. 1010 and already well into the process of transferring the low to the frontrunner wave bagginess that hangs off the DelMarVa.

That piece the NAM is keying on is critical in locking in low level cold with some northerly wind vectors...tho some other higher res stuff has this feature also.

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

"Two's-day" (Tuesday) 2/22/22...how about that.

37F

AND the 2nd day of "the week" (obviously depending on when you consider the start of a week).  Heard the math-lovers are having a field day (citing that along with that day of the week's name, this is something like a 1 in 4 million occurrence... per a report I heard on KYW). :lol: 

Low this morning has so far been 38 and it's currently 41 with dp 39.