Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

This is tough I would disregard the euro but it has NAM support and there's still time to salvage what would be the biggest snow on the PA side for the winter. 

This is optimistic of you.  It looks to be in a great spot off OBX but then goes wide right.  I don't know I think we're toast, but would love the 4-5" storm to verify. So frustrating.

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Euro was actually slightly better with trough orientation then 6z but the double barrel elongated low dried the western flank 

I was looking more closely at the 12z Euro and 12 NAM and they both have the double-barrel lows that sortof become like a Pushi-pullyu.  Am wondering if there's something like convective feedback going on considering it seems there was a consensus that the storm would undergo bombogenesis at some point.

46 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

This is optimistic of you.  It looks to be in a great spot off OBX but then goes wide right.  I don't know I think we're toast, but would love the 4-5" storm to verify. So frustrating.

I tried. Giving it through 0z runs to see if the eastern momentum has ceased.

38 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I was looking more closely at the 12z Euro and 12 NAM and they both have the double-barrel lows that sortof become like a Pushi-pullyu.  Am wondering if there's something like convective feedback going on considering it seems there was a consensus that the storm would undergo bombogenesis at some point.

Could be convective feedback yes

Wow, it appears I hit this moving target in the bullseye.  No biting for me.  It appears another use of the leaf blower for this snow event. Gotta charge up the battery. LMAO
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I do not believe we get jack crap. OTS or hits Long island Boston area. The cards are not in play at this time. That storm has to be at least 150 miles more sw and wrapped around and amped like hell. The best storms are down at the BM at the Chesapeake Bay. Furthermore, the mid range models are so far off in this PA jet progressive pattern that it is scary. When the Nam shows it at the 60 hour mark, I will bite at it. Until then time to just watch the mood flakes fall tonight. Honestly this weather pattern is equal to the volatility of todays stock market activity - and thats bad. I might as well be reading the futures in the market for our...
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Albedoman said:

Wow, it appears I hit this moving target in the bullseye.  No biting for me.  It appears another use of the leaf blower for this snow event. Gotta charge up the battery. LMAO
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I do not believe we get jack crap. OTS or hits Long island Boston area. The cards are not in play at this time. That storm has to be at least 150 miles more sw and wrapped around and amped like hell. The best storms are down at the BM at the Chesapeake Bay. Furthermore, the mid range models are so far off in this PA jet progressive pattern that it is scary. When the Nam shows it at the 60 hour mark, I will bite at it. Until then time to just watch the mood flakes fall tonight. Honestly this weather pattern is equal to the volatility of todays stock market activity - and thats bad. I might as well be reading the futures in the market for our...

When are the water restrictions coming?

28 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

And yet you had absolutely no sound scientific evidence to back up your argument.  Congrats on your lucky guess.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

When are the water restrictions coming?

Too early to say. If the La Nina takes its time breaking down, sometime in May. Still can get late April rains to kill the potential drought though but Feb and March are not looking good right now for any huge precip event.  All it takes though is one good snowfall storm event  of 12-18 inches in Feb to provide us with a good recharge. Lets hope this happens by Valentines Day. 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

And yet you had absolutely no sound scientific evidence to back up your argument.  Congrats on your lucky guess.

TBF you don't need to be scientific to know that Miller B's set to dump 2' of snow in PHL usually don't work out. Probably 4 out of 5 times. So I mean, assuming the GFS was correct all along gives you an 80% chance of being correct probably.

• Weenie 2

1 minute ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

TBF you don't need to be scientific to know that Miller B's set to dump 2' of snow in PHL usually don't work out. Probably 4 out of 5 times. So I mean, assuming the GFS was correct all along gives you an 80% chance of being correct probably.

I've seen numerous Miller Bs dump in our subforum.  WTF are you talking about?

• Like 1

If you think Miller B's don't have high bust potential, that is on you. 2' storms are rare regardless. We did get a 2' Miller B in 2010 and 2016 so I guess we are due for a 6 year 2' Miller B but you're not getting it this time it appears.

Edit: Here's a fresh article I found lol

https://www.inquirer.com/weather/snow-forecast-philadelphia-weather-winter-storm-20220125.html

Sometimes that “B” can stand for bust around here as they often blow up too far north and-or east to affect Philadelphia.

• Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

If you think Miller B's don't have high bust potential, that is on you. 2' storms are rare regardless. We did get a 2' Miller B in 2010 and 2016 so I guess we are due for a 6 year 2' Miller B but you're not getting it this time it appears.

Edit: Here's a fresh article I found lol

https://www.inquirer.com/weather/snow-forecast-philadelphia-weather-winter-storm-20220125.html

Sometimes that “B” can stand for bust around here as they often blow up too far north and-or east to affect Philadelphia.

I’m sure Paul could update this thread with even more Miller Bs that have hit us hard.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

I’m sure Paul could update this thread with even more Miller Bs that have hit us hard.

I never said we don't get big Miller B's just that they tease us on models then many times have not panned out. The Philadelphia Inquirer apparently agrees with that so if you think that's wrong, I guess call them up and dispute it lol.

Regardless, we always understood there was a pattern towards the end of the month that showed potential. We got there, then never had model consensus. At least we understood that. These instaface weather folks cherry pick the craziest kuchera they can find, share it to tens or hundreds of thousands of people and get their hopes up, and then if it doesn't happen those people get upset and I feel bad for them. Those instaface cherry pickers are the great downfall to weather IMHO and I've had enough of them. 

• Weenie 1