Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

18 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

This reminds me of tracking Juno exactly 7 years ago. The Euro was always the most amped and brought big snows to Philly and much of NJ, while the other models kept it a New England special. We all know how that one turned out…maybe the outcome can be different this time around.

I was thinking the same thing. If you look at the CMC track, it really isn't all that much different than the Euro, it's much deeper but the precip shield is much smaller so we get grazed while SNE gets walloped. I could see that happening. I'll take 4-6" at this point though. Definitely not expecting the Euro solution until other globals catch on but I will say it looks like the GFS/CMC are following the Euro not the other way around. We still need 2 more days though to become confident. Lot's of time...

21 minutes ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

Anyone have any suggestions for me here? I have one of those wood gazebos with the tin roof. It has a snow load capacity which wasn't much but we never really got a lot of snow since I put it up 3 years ago or so. Just wondering what I am supposed to do if we get 2 feet of snow while I am not home. 

If, and a BIG IF, the Euro scenario played out, I imagine it would be a dry, powdery snow and not that March concrete stuff.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

It's only Tuesday, if trends continue and holds serve til Thursday just might be time to get excited

Agreed. It was about this time a week ago most models were showing a sizable storm for the SE. They did end up with a decent snow event (for them), but the models really started scaling things back in the final 48hrs leading up to it.

12 hours ago, RedSky said:

The flooding in 10 days would end Albedo's drought lol

It would put a dent in it but I am not holding my breath anytime soon. This pesky volatile mid range model runs are ridiculous to follow any pattern. We need the low pressure to bomb out like this over the Chesapeake bay in this clip  LOL  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

It would put a dent in it but I am not holding my breath anytime soon. This pesky volatile mid range model runs are ridiculous to follow any pattern. We need the low pressure to bomb out like this over the Chesapeake bay in this clip  LOL  

Word is an ensemble member put up an 899 near the Cape :o

:lol: jokers

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

I saw where that explosion was supposedly the equivalent of "100 nuclear bombs". :huh:;)

WPC advertising the weekend storm -

FJ-OnecXsAAIJkF.jpg