Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

11 minutes ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

Think I seen a few flurries today. Anyone else?

There are streamers (am guess some Lake effect) that have been blasting across PA all day so far.  I haven't actually gone out to look for any mini squalls but I know there have been periods where the sky has darkened enough to turn on the lights that operate on sensors.

It's currently 38 here with dp down to 21.  There is also a water main break in my area that they are repairing (I guess with the frigid temps it was expected), so I have no water at the moment. :axe:

Actually made it up to 38 today and it was definitely a breezy and "unsettled" day for sure.  Currently 36 and mostly cloudy with breaks of sunhere and there and a dp of 20.

43 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

18z NAM misses everyone but the deep South this weekend. End of run saving grace consolation Sunday event about to get kicked OTS

floop-nam4km-2022011818.ref1km_ptype.conus-18z-jan21-storm-60hrs-last-frame-01182022.gif

Right now I'm focused on Thursday morning. Given the chaos with the atmosphere and models, whatever happens through the weekend and after will be a bonus if we can get 2 to 4" Thursday, which is less than 36 hours out precip-wise. 3k NAM starts as rain around 3 am, pretty much all snow by 6 am. Here's hoping!

Screenshot_20220118-182043_copy_1423x1171_copy_1401x1025_copy_511x373.png.4d97f316e14ebb47e4ef60aa504526af.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Right now I'm focused on Thursday morning. Given the chaos with the atmosphere and models, whatever happens through the weekend and after will be a bonus if we can get 2 to 4" Thursday, which is less than 36 hours out precip-wise. 3k NAM starts as rain around 3 am, pretty much all snow by 6 am. Here's hoping!

Screenshot_20220118-182043_copy_1423x1171_copy_1401x1025_copy_511x373.png.4d97f316e14ebb47e4ef60aa504526af.png

Mt. Holly is bullish on the "sneaky system" for Thursday! :lmao:

FJa2COPUYAIetFB.jpg

4 minutes ago, MGorse said:

0.5-2 inches is bullish?

Considering that many of us have nothing on the ground, the long range models have been showing systems slip sliding away, and then there is this part in the tweet (with an exclamation point) -

we have a "sneaky" system to get through late tomorrow night and Thursday morning - impacts to the morning commute are possible!

I'd say that is a booster for the folks in this subforum.  :lol:

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Euro 2022 = Steve Carlton 1986 

It's a shame seeing such one-time dominance being a shadow of its former self.

Yeah, his last few years were hard to watch. At least Schmidt knew his skills were decreasing and retired mid season before looking like a shell of himself.

I sense an overachiever Thurs in the wee hours...

28F

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Considering that many of us have nothing on the ground, the long range models have been showing systems slip sliding away, and then there is this part in the tweet (with an exclamation point) -

I'd say that is a booster for the folks in this subforum.  :lol:

Couldn't help but think Paul Simon...

28F

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Yup... :lol:  Got to come up with "50 ways to leave your models" (yeah that is corny and deserves a weenie tag :P).

My temp has dropped below freezing now and am at 30 with dp 20.

My father would jam this in our family orange Volkswagen in the 70s w/the modern 8 track player..."Hop off the bus, Gus"... 

28F 

vw.jpg