Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

10 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

The streets and sidewalk have totally dried here in Gloucester County. The schools are closed though lol. Weatherman will have some explaining to do at 5 tonight :)

Literally every reputable forecast source emphasized the fringey uncertainty of even a barely plowable snow.  I’d have loved some accumulation but nobody should be angrily surprised.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

Literally every reputable forecast source emphasized the fringey uncertainty of even a barely plowable snow.  I’d have loved some accumulation but nobody should be angrily surprised.

Yep outside of extreme s nj and Delaware, there was always a ton of uncertainty with how far N the precip shield would make it and I think mt holly did an excellent job highlighting that. It’s frustrating for sure for us snow lovers that wanted even an inch or two but I can’t say I’m surprised the storm had a tough time punching through the dry air and most outlets did a good job highlighting that. They were damned either way with such a tight gradient. Btw looking right now like the NAM clowned the gfs and euro, it had a brief NW tick last night but overall at 24 hours out, it did the best. Globals were too far nw with the extent of the precipitation. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, NJHurricane said:

I don't have kids so I don't care haha but I know people who do who would prefer them to be in school today!! :)

Finally getting the tiniest of flurries here on City Ave. Good sign I suppose that the column is moist enough for precip…radar echoes are creeping northward into Philly and Delco ever so…

the HRRR still has SE PA in a small snowband through early afternoon so I’m crossing my weenie fingers lol

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, hurricane1091 said:

Crazy how it works right? I'm in SNJ but even here nothing going on. A little s/e it's a different story. Not too often does the shore get a foot of snow and PHL N&E nothing but it was overdue to happen again.

Yup this one of them few storms

13 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Down route 1 a few miles pretty much the same thing here.

I need you in white out conditions if I have any hope of seeing flakes here.

FWIW (and probably not much) the GFS says the late week event is a southern slider too.

20 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I need you in white out conditions if I have any hope of seeing flakes here.

FWIW (and probably not much) the GFS says the late week event is a southern slider too.

Got a dusting here in spots but nothing on the driveway so snow pile chances are pretty slim. It is actually snowing lightly at times so there's that!