• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

almost an inch here in the LV so far  Its about time.  This was great because this rainfall soaked into the ground before it starts to freeze by next weekend.  This rainfall was very beneficial and will help stabilize the base flows in the creek and keep the forest litter from drying out too much now.  Thursday night into Friday looks like our first accumulating snow event for the LV. The Euro finally shows us getting around 6-8 inches. Its the only dependable model so far outside the three day range so this event looks real promising. 

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

See what the GFS/EURO say in a little. I'll take an 1" but more interested in the late week event.

Rain line flew through here at lightning speed...

53F

Wonder if this stuff now is playing havoc with models for early Monday system.  We had that line rip through here at lightning speed too dropped a quick half inch of rain winds gusted to 30-35 out of the WNW in Media Delaware County. 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I don’t know how far NW this thing ticks, but it’s certainly a warm Atlantic to add plenty of fuel to whoever jackpots.

I thought like you but we're actually below avg.

Atlantic City avg ocean temp in Dec:  48.6F

Atlantic Ocean temp today Jan 1st 2022:  46.8F 

https://seatemperature.info/atlantic-city-water-temperature.html

6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I thought like you but we're actually below avg.

Atlantic City avg ocean temp in Dec:  48.6F

Atlantic Ocean temp today Jan 1st 2022:  46.8F 

https://seatemperature.info/atlantic-city-water-temperature.html

Wow, had no idea…thanks!

Anyway, ch10 guy seems unenthused, “maybe some light snow at the beaches, but nothing here in Philly.”

7 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Wow, had no idea…thanks!

Anyway, ch10 guy seems unenthused, “maybe some light snow at the beaches, but nothing here in Philly.”

Yeah, I seen it but he did mentioned there's uncertainty for Monday but was more excited for snow on Fri

Meanwhile Ch6 has zilch for Mon and 37F and rain for Friday next week...maybe some snow/mix.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Yeah, I seen it but he did mentioned there's uncertainty for Monday but was more excited for snow on Fri

Meanwhile Ch6 has zilch for Mon and 37F and rain for Friday next week...maybe some snow/mix.

Yeah the local weathers tend to do that. If we keep seeing the trend though a few inches in the northern suburbs are possible. 

28 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Come a long way in one week from absolute zero hope to decent chances. Only thing that can kill this is JB saying he can see January 1978 coming.

Even if this only pans out somewhat this upcoming week would have been a good Christmas - New Year weather pattern. I'm leaving my outside lights up for several more weeks regardless but I know people follow a strict unwritten rule New Years night is the last night for outside lights. Probably see people taking them down tomorrow because of the warm weather....

light rain/52F