Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2021

George BM

16 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My father passed away a few hours ago. Thank you all for your kind words and support the last few weeks.

Sad to learn of the loss of your Dad, it's really a difficult experience. You and your family were able to be there for/with him when he needed you the most, hang in there, take care, take heart and celebrate him.

Here's to an uplifting '22.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Before I type out a whole eulogy, I’ll just say that I find it most extraordinary that where he finished was so far from where he started in poor, rural, and (literally) segregated South Carolina. He saw all three of his kids go to college. He saw two of them married. He saw a grandchild. He saw me devote myself to a career of public service and helping others. It’s not the result we hoped, and it’s a shock given how he was getting better, but my father lived a full life and gave me more than material wealth ever could. I was as proud of him, as he was of me.

@WxWatcher007 your dad sounds like an extraordinary man and an amazing father. I'm so sorry for your loss and the shock and pain you and your family are going through. I'm glad the support of your weather buds helps a bit. <3

• Thanks 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Did Chuck just say we have a blizzard coming on Monday?

It's definitely going to trend NW, at least at 18z and 6z. might lose some STJ moisture though as NAO trends more - and PNA (north of Hawaii ridge) more -. GOA lows are like real movements in same time model trends, final 72hrs goes more SW/undercut. I'd say like 4-8" I-95 or NW of I-95, maybe 10". worst case scenario it's a really wet snow event(loss of STJ moisture is what I'm most worried about in trend), but SLP will come a little NW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Wisp closing effective tomorrow until conditions become more favorable for snow making and/or natural snow events. I’m actually shocked they were able to stay open this long. 

Timberline was 70% open today I understand.  Unbelievable how they've gone from so pathetic to now having top notch snow making capabilities.

That being said, the region's ski resorts need a pattern change big time.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic