Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2021

George BM

On 12/29/2021 at 12:38 AM, ravensrule said:

@MillvilleWx I’m so happy to hear your wife is doing better. Staph infections are beyond scary. Enjoy your trip and I hope you get a lot of snow. 

On 12/29/2021 at 8:08 AM, mappy said:

Glad the wife will be okay @MillvilleWx enjoy your trip, friend! 

Thanks again you guys for the well wishes for my wife. Greatly appreciated.

Forecast for Taos Ski Resort is 1-2' of powder from Friday AM thru Saturday afternoon. I'll be sending pictures :) 

• Like 4

Mrs. WxUSAF got the family this PWS for Christmas. I’ve wanted a PWS for awhile, but never pulled the trigger in a Davis VP2 because they’re like $600. This one was obviously a lot less. I don’t care about wind too much because there’s nowhere I can mount it that would be clear enough. Anyone have personal experience with this unit or have recommendations/thoughts?4DBBE38E-76A0-4B34-8685-BAAD4DD58677.thumb.jpeg.fbab140c37a7dfc98ba9341b88da819a.jpeg

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Mrs. WxUSAF got the family this PWS for Christmas. I’ve wanted a PWS for awhile, but never pulled the trigger in a Davis VP2 because they’re like $600. This one was obviously a lot less. I don’t care about wind too much because there’s nowhere I can mount it that would be clear enough. Anyone have personal experience with this unit or have recommendations/thoughts?4DBBE38E-76A0-4B34-8685-BAAD4DD58677.thumb.jpeg.fbab140c37a7dfc98ba9341b88da819a.jpeg

I also have a LA Crosse weather station but I think the model I have is not as nice. This looks a lot nicer but I don't know.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 1:13 PM, nw baltimore wx said:

After a busy couple of days visiting family, it’s a perfect day for sitting around the house with a fire, Christmas carols playing quietly, and enjoying the season.

image.jpeg.d86e375e4e8a8d9b8160c15f6bac1cd5.jpeg

Love Lionel trains. Really nice setup!

@MillvilleWx glad your wife is doing better!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My father passed away a few hours ago. Thank you all for your kind words and support the last few weeks.

I’m sorry to read this…my deepest condolences to you and your family. I’ll keep you in my prayers. Losing a family member is tough but especially this time of year, it’s even harder. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I didn’t know that your father was ill. So sorry for your loss.

First, thanks to you and everyone that has sent condolences. It means a great deal to me.

My parents came up for the Christmas holiday, and for my wedding. They were staying with me and on the morning of the wedding, my dad had a heart attack. At first, it was thought to be minor, but subsequent tests revealed he needed major surgery. For the next week he was in the hospital, but doing ok. He was up and we all spent time together as best we could. 

Last week, right before Christmas, he had the surgery. It went well, but at the end there were serious complications. He was getting better afterward, but in just a few hours today everything went south. In what seemed like a whirlwind he was gone. At the end though, he wasn’t alone, and he succeeded in the most important job he could ever have—Dad.

Before I type out a whole eulogy, I’ll just say that I find it most extraordinary that where he finished was so far from where he started in poor, rural, and (literally) segregated South Carolina. He saw all three of his kids go to college. He saw two of them married. He saw a grandchild. He saw me devote myself to a career of public service and helping others. It’s not the result we hoped, and it’s a shock given how he was getting better, but my father lived a full life and gave me more than material wealth ever could. I was as proud of him, as he was of me.

Anyway, thank you, everyone, for this love and support. It means more than you will ever know.

• Like 23

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic