• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2021

George BM

‘Twas the day before Xmas and all thru the MA, Every weenie was hitting refresh begging for a +PNA

The EPS weeklies we’re posted with great care, in the hopes a Polar Vortex would be there

When La Niña came we knew it wouldn’t matter, back in July Ji called it a disaster  

ah screw it.  That poem is to long to do every line  

• Haha 7

Consolation Prize: Family trip to the Pocono Mountains. We have a white Christmas Eve! About an inch or two on the ground. However, Christmas Day the forecast calls for 47 and rain. At 1900 ft. Can't win. 

Last year we went to Vermont hoping for a white Christmas. It was 60s and rain. I guess I'll take 40s and slush. <_< Next year, we'll be in Florida for Christmas. We alternate hot/cold/

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

Consolation Prize: Family trip to the Pocono Mountains. We have a white Christmas Eve! About an inch or two on the ground. However, Christmas Day the forecast calls for 47 and rain. At 1900 ft. Can't win. 

Last year we went to Vermont hoping for a white Christmas. It was 60s and rain. I guess I'll take 40s and slush. <_< Next year, we'll be in Florida for Christmas. We alternate hot/cold/

Enjoy the freak snowstorm of Christmas 2022 down there. :P

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

57 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Taking some time this morning to head down to Cambridge in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the snowy owl that has been reported there. If not, a Christmas Eve lunch of oysters and beer will be on tap.

That will make for a great day, enjoy. Hope you see the owl. Dorchester County, Maryland is a splendid place. No matter what, you'll always see fascinating things when you are exploring there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Taking some time this morning to head down to Cambridge in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the snowy owl that has been reported there. If not, a Christmas Eve lunch of oysters and beer will be on tap.

Going to RAR?  They just had a nice drop. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, baldereagle said:

That will make for a great day, enjoy. Hope you see the owl. Dorchester County, Maryland is a splendid place. No matter what, you'll always see fascinating things when you are exploring there. 

No snowy owl sightings but three eagles and a hawks and woodpecker. Beautiful day.

37 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Going to RAR?  They just had a nice drop. 

Of course! Stopped in for a few half pours. I was a fan of the Stunts Sour and 10 Layer Stout.

• Like 2

I am absolutely LOVIN the fact that I am going to enjoy an 85 degree, 67 degree dewpoint Christmas replete with sunshine! In fact the abnormal warmth will continue well into the New Year! My tomatoes are STILL growing!

I have changed a lot in the 3 and a half years I have been down here. I have adapted and have new hobbies to replace the old ones I enjoyed in North Virginia.

It is my profound belief that because Texas will have an abnormally warm winter, with 80s all the way into March 2022 and 60s to 70s dewpoints, that at the same time, the Mid Atlantic will end up with a below normal temperature winter, replete with many snowstorms, some of which will be abnormally heavy and will pile up in the DC Metro Region, to frightening depths.

When we are warm down here, the Mid Atlantic tends to be colder. This condition will obtain well into the Spring of 2022. This will become known as the Winter without a Winter in the Deep South, and be remembered as one of the worst winters in the Mid Atlantic in a good many decades.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic