Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2021

George BM

18 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

WFT and Philly, and Seahawks and Rams on Tuesday

I'm surprised they aren't just making the teams forfeit. Wasn't that a big thing at the beginning of the season? 

Is it because they are all vaccinated and still tested positive? Through no fault of their own type thing? 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

I'm surprised they aren't just making the teams forfeit. Wasn't that a big thing at the beginning of the season? 

Is it because they are all vaccinated and still tested positive? Through no fault of their own type thing? 

That's exactly it.  If teams had an uncontrolled outbreak due to non-vaccination, they would have to forfeit.  However, this is mostly among the vaccinated so they are adjusting on the fly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

That's exactly it.  If teams had an uncontrolled outbreak due to non-vaccination, they would have to forfeit.  However, this is mostly among the vaccinated so they are adjusting on the fly.

Thanks. Makes sense. Oh well, we will just lose Tuesday instead :lol: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’m sure I’ll get flamed for saying this but I don’t get the game cancellations/postponements/etc.  If the NHL/NBA/NFL are all 95-100% vaccinated, why do they need to bench players who are positive?  If anything this shows we’ll be living with COVID forever (and 100% vaccination doesn’t end this) - so it seems like we should learn how to live with it instead of continuing to cancel/postpone/etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Good read for Ravens fans. Yeah the OL is a bit of a mess, and they have no legit RBs, but Roman still insists on going with run heavy formations, limiting the passing game- despite major upgrades at WR.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/12/16/22838532/ravens-offense-issues-greg-roman-lamar-jackson

Yep. I'm still wishing Harbs pulls a 2012 and fires him before the playoffs...this is ridiculous

15 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Can't see this team going on a Super Bowl run like they did after dumping Cam lol. Just too beat up.

I wouldn't be so sure--we have enough to catch fire. I mean...we are still somehow in first place despite all of this...so ya never know! (Ironically December 2012 also had a three game losing streak in Weeks 13,14, and 15, lol) I mean not saying for sure...but just that the ingredients are there for us to catch fire if it's meant to be!

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Makes sense. He knows NY, and a good manager. Probably couldn't have made a better choice given the options.

Somewhat agree although at some point it’s  time to stop recycling these old white guys and try to find a sleeper. May need a Rooney rule in baseball at some point…

1 hour ago, Rvarookie said:

Agreed.

Hope ya feeling better buddy!

Thanks.  I had a bad reaction to antibody infusion but I’m out of the hospital and doing somewhat better.  Hopefully I’ll be up and about again soon. Wish there was something more exciting to track than a pattern change but then again if it snowed now I couldn’t really enjoy it so maybe it’s for the best. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Thanks.  I had a bad reaction to antibody infusion but I’m out of the hospital and doing somewhat better.  Hopefully I’ll be up and about again soon. Wish there was something more exciting to track than a pattern change but then again if it snowed now I couldn’t really enjoy it so maybe it’s for the best. 

I fervently hope you get much better soon!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rvarookie said:

Somewhat agree although at some point it’s  time to stop recycling these old white guys and try to find a sleeper. May need a Rooney rule in baseball at some point…

I get ya, but given the situation with the Mets- underachievers and all the pressure to win now- they probably needed to go with a more well known, proven manager. 

6 hours ago, StormchaserChuck! said:

I would bet on the Packers vs the Ravens, best case scenario Ravens lose 27-17, and even that should be loss vs spread because they are home.

Lamar is likely out, and I just saw Watkins is on the COVID list. The OL and secondary are a mess. Roman is still the OC. The Ravens will play hard, but the Packers are simply a much better team right now.

Assuming they lose today, Ravens are probably going to finish with a 9-8 record, and that probably won't get them in. If they can find 2 more wins, 10-7 likely gets them in, as they hold the head-to-head tiebreakers against the Chargers, Colts, and Broncos. The game at Cincy will be huge, and they will likely have to beat the Steelers.

The watch for the first actual possibility of seeing something, anything frozen, continues to yield zip as December rushes toward January, my grass is showing significantly green and even rain is paltry. Plenty of wind. The Eastern Shore dweller knows general snowlessness is a fact of life. Recently its been an annual event.

Excellent for working outdoors, and no complaints overall. Inevitably , some, wherever they live, may develop some level of “uppershoresadness” with the passage of several more weeks if things don’t improve. Certain posters have this malady year round anyway.

That said, there’s plenty of good stuff that may happen yet. Some day…..

I have always fully recognized the difficulties of predicting weather and have defended weathermen when people say "I wish I could still get paid and be wrong 50% of the time" ....i guess I will still defend weather people in general but I continue to be totally amused at how many people out there in the twitter world rush to be the first to predict something and just be flat out wrong. Sensationalism sells I guess....even if you're wrong

2 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

I have always fully recognized the difficulties of predicting weather and have defended weathermen when people say "I wish I could still get paid and be wrong 50% of the time" ....i guess I will still defend weather people in general but I continue to be totally amused at how many people out there in the twitter world rush to be the first to predict something and just be flat out wrong. Sensationalism sells I guess....even if you're wrong

Judah knows his shit. B)  He always claims victory, one way or another. Pinned that baby!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic