Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2021

George BM

4 hours ago, Stormfly said:

The Derecho didn't affect us at all.  We were on the northern fringe.  Which was fine by me!  Northern VA OTOH was a mess indeed.

Sandy also brought wind but we didn't lose power aside from some flickers.  Total number of outages in BGE territory similar to the Jan 26, 2011 "Carmageddon" event. (250K) Irene and Isabel seem to be the highest (outage) events with over 700K outages.

March 2018 was a very long event too.  Fortunately we just don't get widespread winds with full tree canopy.   Even so there is too much vegetation impingement in our area.

It was a blissful week without power down-county :lol:

4 hours ago, nj2va said:

Those are some crazy videos of the tractor trailers.  Especially the guy that gets knocked out by the door swinging shut as he's standing at the back of the truck.

Yeah that was wrong place at wrong time plus the gate wasn't locked in.  Looked like a man and woman on that bike and they got smacked hard! :(

I went back and read a model thread for a storm in March 2017. Alot of you who think you know what you're talking about really don't lol...it was pretty funny how wrong the analysis was and the huge emotional swings. I started to get nervous it wasn't going to happen every time the nam play by play happened 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Am I one of them? 

Not in the least.

Most folks understand that and/or inexperienced posters just need to find their groove, but folks who have been around for a long time but still chat sh*t are absolutely unbearable…whether it’s the schtick they’ve crafted for years or not.

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I went back and read a model thread for a storm in March 2017. Alot of you who think you know what you're talking about really don't lol...it was pretty funny how wrong the analysis was and the huge emotional swings. I started to get nervous it wasn't going to happen every time the nam play by play happened 

The reality is that most folks here don’t know what we’re talking about. We’re just weather nerds.

• Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic