Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2021

George BM

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Damn I didn't realize how close the Vikings were to blowing that game. Their knack for doing that is uncanny.

There's historically been toughly 7 or 8 teams that do what ever they can to throw away games and find improbable ways to lose but the Vikings have to be at the top. Even when they were really good in the 70's they pulled off some epic collapses.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mattie g said:

Gotta admit, Chuck…and this is not meant in disrespect, but this is one of your most incomprehensible posts I’ve read yet.

I watch those satellite maps like a lot, and they drive me crazy! One time I found 11-1-11 in LA etc, 500mb anomalies that could even be "time travel lol. There were like 13 of them. Anomalies on round number days. 

On 12/8/2021 at 3:57 PM, PhineasC said:

I average about 16 inches in November and had 13 or so. 17 inches thru todays date including 2 so far today. Not terribly off track but with the warmth in the middle of the month the back half of December will need to slay to hit my average of 30”+ for the month. Bigger story is lack of pack. Average pack now is about 10-12”. We can’t hold snow here long at all right now. It snows and then it warms up and rains. 

Yeah, the world is changing man. Chase your snow. I enjoy it, the deep gray clouds, falling snow from the sky. I wanted to live in Canada and just move around. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Up in PA for a couple of days to get away from home.  Longwood Christmas is amazing.

I’ve been in this area coming up on two decades and realized that this was the first time that I didn’t use the 95 or 270 corridors to travel north through Maryland.  Going up 695 to 83 I saw signs for all of the places I only hear about because of this forum!

And the typical MD story, I was on 695 coming up on a work van that had the “this vehicle travels the speed limit” sticker.  It was going ~17 over, which I thought was about right for MD speed limits.

4 hours ago, mappy said:

It's the best!

Mini-map turns 9 a couple days before Christmas, so we are planning on surprising her with a trip to Longwood the evening of her birthday to look at the lights. I cannot wait to see her reaction to all the lights! Mr. Map and I went there years ago for one of our wedding anniversaries, and it was so lovely. :D 

And I hope you waved to the Parkton sign on 83 ;) 

Christmas at Longwood is definitely worth the trip but don't sleep on it in other seasons...we go year round as it's pretty close and we have a membership but in particular late April through May is amazing and the fountain shows at night in the summer are really cool as well...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MacChump said:

Christmas at Longwood is definitely worth the trip but don't sleep on it in other seasons...we go year round as it's pretty close and we have a membership but in particular late April through May is amazing and the fountain shows at night in the summer are really cool as well...

I've been there during tulip season and I was in heaven. I love it more than the Christmas season. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mappy said:

I've been there during tulip season and I was in heaven. I love it more than the Christmas season. 

Ooo this sounds interesting. Where is this? lol 

17 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Easy big fella

As a Raiders fan, I’m used to terrible and embarrassing football. I just call it like I see it. From experience. :( 

20 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

As a Raiders fan, I’m used to terrible and embarrassing football. I just call it like I see it. From experience. :( 

Ha!  Try being from Cleveland!  Surely you remember the play "Red Right 88", in the final moments of the 1981 playoff game, Raiders vs. Browns.  It was frigid for that game, the Raiders had a 14-12 lead.  Brian Sipe threw an interception in the endzone and the Raiders won, and also won the Super Bowl that year.  There was criticism that Cleveland should have gone for the field goal (they were inside the 15 yard line at the time).  But their kicker, Don Cockroft, was having a horrible game (missed a couple of field goals and an extra point), plus the weather was brutal.

I still recall that entire season, people were talking about the Browns going to the "Siper" Bowl!!  LOL!

But I still think the most painful playoff losses were "The Drive" and "The Fumble" against Denver (in 1987 and 1988), when Cleveland had an awesome team (and one of the favorites for the Super Bowl).  I was actually at the playoff game in Cleveland right before the infamous "Drive" game, when the Browns came back to beat the Jets in OT to advance to the AFC finals.  First NFL game I ever attended, and it was quite cold out!  A friend of mine and I got up at 4AM the first day tickets went on sale days before that game, went downtown to the stadium, and waited in line!  Bleacher seats, of course (the old Dawg Pound at the old Municipal Stadium).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MacChump said:

Is the boardwalk area on the east(?) side beyond the pond new-ish, or am I just not remembering it?  We were there about a decade ago and the again about 4 years ago with the kid, but in the latter trip we didn’t go as far.

4 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Yes. It’s very refreshing. I know how much I love it.

Amazing how Buck and Aikman had the pulse of the nervous Vikings fans at 29-7, and the immediately the next ball gets tipped into a pick and it just snowballs.  The cornerback situation is just atrocious behind Peterson.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Is the boardwalk area on the east(?) side beyond the pond new-ish, or am I just not remembering it?  We were there about a decade ago and the again about 4 years ago with the kid, but in the latter trip we didn’t go as far.

Amazing how Buck and Aikman had the pulse of the nervous Vikings fans at 29-7, and the immediately the next ball gets tipped into a pick and it just snowballs.  The cornerback situation is just atrocious behind Peterson.

Yes, they built that boardwalk along the meadow a few years ago. When they shut down the main fountains to completely renovate them (it took years) that whole part of the gardens was closed so they added that walkway and some light installations to make up for it a bit. 

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic