• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2021

George BM

Front page of Yahoo with a story about that snow at the peaks on the Big Island of Hawaii -- LOL residents stay indoors like a lot of people live at 13,000 feet.  I bet some people read the article and yell OMG a blizzard in Hawaii climate change ahhhhh

The warning remains in effect from 6 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Sunday as up to 12 inches or more of snow is expected on the island. NWS also warns residents to stay indoors as forecasters predict winds gusting over 100 mph

• Like 2

I don’t think anyone has mentioned this, but the US is playing three World Cup qualifiers in the late-Jan to early-Feb window. The locations:

• Columbus, OH (El Salvador)
  • Hamilton, ON (Canada)
  • St. Paul, MN (Honduras)

It could be pretty bad in all three places, but that Minnesota game could be especially brutal!

Went to the Christmas tree lighting in downtown Leesburg last night....watching all of the people walking around shops buzzing Christmas carolers singing in the streets. All that was needed was some snow. I've always been a huge fan of the holiday season, this year is different with the recent passing of my mother and my kids not living close but last night helped a lot. Wishing everyone a happy joyous season...hug someone you love often....you never know.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Went to the Christmas tree lighting in downtown Leesburg last night....watching all of the people walking around shops buzzing Christmas carolers singing in the streets. All that was needed was some snow. I've always been a huge fan of the holiday season, this year is different with the recent passing of my mother and my kids not living close but last night helped a lot. Wishing everyone a happy joyous season...hug someone you love often....you never know.

Sorry for your loss, friend. Holidays are always tough when one has lost a loved one. But glad you got to go do that and feel a little joy. 

We are heading to Stewartstown, PA tonight for their tree lighting, and support some dancers from my daughters dance studio. The dance studios creative director quit just before thanksgiving, and we have a holiday show next weekend. All those kids without a director, just before the holidays and a show to boot. I’m happy to go support them and enjoy a little holiday cheer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Sorry for your loss, friend. Holidays are always tough when one has lost a loved one. But glad you got to go do that and feel a little joy. 

We are heading to Stewartstown, PA tonight for their tree lighting, and support some dancers from my daughters dance studio. The dance studios creative director quit just before thanksgiving, and we have a holiday show next weekend. All those kids without a director, just before the holidays and a show to boot. I’m happy to go support them and enjoy a little holiday cheer. 

Thank you, I bet the show will be a blast! Have fun creating the memory :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Thank you, I bet the show will be a blast! Have fun creating the memory :)

Thank you, too! Tonight should be fun and the show next weekend will be fine. I’m very excited to be involved as a Class Mom, and I am even performing a little mother/daughter hip hop number with my kid in the show. Making the most of every second we have :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

I don’t think anyone has mentioned this, but the US is playing three World Cup qualifiers in the late-Jan to early-Feb window. The locations:

• Columbus, OH (El Salvador)
  • Hamilton, ON (Canada)
  • St. Paul, MN (Honduras)

It could be pretty bad in all three places, but that Minnesota game could be especially brutal!

Are they playing the Minnesota game outdoors???

3 hours ago, toolsheds said:

how did your other events go?  Hopefully your coach doesn't put you there again.  :-)

I did fine I guess. I got second and third in my individual events but did not go the times I wanted. In my relays (swam 50 and 100 free) or short course events I did very well and was on the B relay. So it was fine but a little upset I missed my times that I know I can go physically but have sort of a mental block where I am so afraid of dying by the end of the 500 or 200 I just don't give it my all. 

5 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I did fine I guess. I got second and third in my individual events but did not go the times I wanted. In my relays (swam 50 and 100 free) or short course events I did very well and was on the B relay. So it was fine but a little upset I missed my times that I know I can go physically but have sort of a mental block where I am so afraid of dying by the end of the 500 or 200 I just don't give it my all. 

Maybe your coach is working on your endurance in race situations? Also sounds like you did really well, especially considering this was your first meet on the team, right?

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Maybe your coach is working on your endurance in race situations? Also sounds like you did really well, especially considering this was your first meet on the team, right?

Yeah I placed well but my times were off, I still don't know why he put me in the 500 free. He knows Im a sprinter and can do the 200 free but still put me in the 500. 

Yeah I placed well but my times were off, I still don't know why he put me in the 500 free. He knows Im a sprinter and can do the 200 free but still put me in the 500. 

Pretty sure you swim club - if you haven’t figured it out yet, unless you are like truly exceptional, you are probably gonna be dropping time maybe 4x a year in your best events. Being close to your time at a high school meet is all you can really ask for, lol. Conditions are not ideal and you aren’t close to tapered.

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Pretty sure you swim club - if you haven’t figured it out yet, unless you are like truly exceptional, you are probably gonna be dropping time maybe 4x a year in your best events. Being close to your time at a high school meet is all you can really ask for, lol. Conditions are not ideal and you aren’t close to tapered.

Yeah swim club 5 days a week but when I got out of the pool I knew I could of gone faster for my 500 and 200 which sucks. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic