Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2021

George BM

7 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

18-19, 20-21 were good winter for some. 13-14, 14-15 were really good. Gonna have to do a hard no on your statement

def location dependent. his spot in AA county probably didn't do as good in any of those years as others. But he's now in PSU land and will jackpot every winter going forward. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

I'm not sure his exact location, but Parrs Ridge is Parrs Ridge. It always snows there. 

I don’t know where he is…but in some recent crappy years I’ve noticed more of a difference between the higher ridges in northeast Carroll (Manchester area) than further south along Parrs. In a good year there isn’t much difference. In a bad year there can be when it’s barely cold enough here even. 

As for his old location it’s unquestionable that it’s becoming harder to get an above average snowfall year on the coastal plane. Even the few good years our “region” have had recently tended to leave them out of the party to some degree. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I don’t know where he is…but in some recent crappy years I’ve noticed more of a difference between the higher ridges in northeast Carroll (Manchester area) than further south along Parrs. In a good year there isn’t much difference. In a bad year there can be when it’s barely cold enough here even. 

As for his old location it’s unquestionable that it’s becoming harder to get an above average snowfall year on the coastal plane. Even the few good years our “region” have had recently tended to leave them out of the party to some degree. 

yeah, of course it needs to be cold for it to snow. but even the most marginal of events, you and highstakes always do well where you're at. I just assume his location will be the same. 

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

yeah, of course it needs to be cold for it to snow. but even the most marginal of events, you and highstakes always do well where you're at. I just assume his location will be the same. 

I'm sitting at about 900' elevation on the ridge. It's in the Woodbine area. I'm thinking I'll do good with oragraphic lift during coastal storms as well. It's a really cool area. I really like being out of the tropics. From where I exist from 70 to where I live the temp usually drops a few degrees also because I gain probably like 600' the last few miles to the house. I'm thinking I'll do well but not PSU land well.

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Parrs south of Westminster is comperable to your area Imo. 

I think thats a fair assessment. Only thing Westminster has going for it over me is just being further west. It never fails that the snow/sleet/rain line during marginal events sets up over my place, so I ride the line and mix, while places west stay all snow.

Not that I care. Snow is snow.

1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

I'm sitting at about 900' elevation on the ridge. It's in the Woodbine area. I'm thinking I'll do good with oragraphic lift during coastal storms as well. It's a really cool area. I really like being out of the tropics. From where I exist from 70 to where I live the temp usually drops a few degrees also because I gain probably like 600' the last few miles to the house. I'm thinking I'll do well but not PSU land well.

I'm happy for you! Being on the costal plain sucks, I remember it growing up in AA county. Was so happy to move to a place with elevation and better climo for snow. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think thats a fair assessment. Only thing Westminster has going for it over me is just being further west. It never fails that the snow/sleet/rain line during marginal events sets up over my place, so I ride the line and mix, while places west stay all snow.

Not that I care. Snow is snow.

I'm happy for you! Being on the costal plain sucks, I remember it growing up in AA county. Was so happy to move to a place with elevation and better climo for snow. 

Thanks Mappy! I feel like im in a fancy climo compared to the tropical swamp of AA County lol

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

You will get absolutely crushed there in classic coastal storms.  You will also do very well in marginal events for 95. It’s really only events that are marginal even for this area that my area will do better but those do happen a couple times a year. Last year was weird with so many of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

@CAPE Finally got my hands on one of these. It’s tasty but honestly I may like the original better from what I remember 

65F2C56D-1C29-4360-BC47-0B07238CE8F1.jpeg

Its good stuff. I would rate it slightly lower than the Bourbon Barrel aged and the original, but better than the Oak aged Vanilla version. Original is the best, and if you can get an aged one try it. I had a 2008 vintage. Ages well as advertised.

10 hours ago, mappy said:

WHAAAAT. Early congratulations my friend! Maybe it will snow for you like it did for me :) 

Thank you! But she’ll divorce me if I wish for snow on our big day and I get it. :lol: 

10 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Woo-hooo!  Congrats WxWatcher!!

Maybe you'll be blessed with a snowstorm like @mappy did in 2009!  (I see she :ph34r:'d me on that already haha!)

Thanks! 

9 hours ago, H2O said:

Congrats!!!

Thank you! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

Has anyone seen @losetoa6 lately?  I know we're not quite yet in "winter mode" so hopefully he shows up soon.

ETA:  Looks like he's posting in the PA forum.  

I’ve talked to him privately. He’s doing some work for me this week. I think he reads here regularly but I’ll let him know you asked about him. I hope he comes back too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dailylurker said:

You moved out of Crofton!  No fair 

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic