Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

55 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well at least until 4-5PMish.  I personally and not sold on teleconnections being an end all. 

Then I hope you have a bigger voodoo doll than Voyager, or some other secret source that we don't know about, cause the argument towards warm....as much as I hate it.....cannot be passed by, and won't correct in 4-5 hours. 

Subtle differences (NAO as its the only tellie that can save mid next week)may help, but the big picture is not a pretty one, and history tells many of us that things are not aligned for the next couple weeks.  Sure hope we can sneak something in next week though. 

Just now, pasnownut said:

Then I hope you have a bigger voodoo doll than Voyager, or some other secret source that we don't know about, cause the argument towards warm....as much as I hate it.....cannot be passed by, and won't correct in 4-5 hours. 

Subtle differences (NAO as its the only tellie that can save mid next week)may help, but the big picture is not a pretty one, and history tells many of us that things are not aligned for the next couple weeks.  Sure hope we can sneak something in next week though. 

It was not directed at your post, it was directed at the teleconnection forecasting being as limited as ground truth forecasting.  Lots of erroneous assumptions made based on past performances of the numbers.  With that said, I do not like the look of Mid Dec at all just because the models are all bailing on it. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

It was not directed at your post, it was directed at the teleconnection forecasting being as limited as ground truth forecasting.  Lots of erroneous assumptions made based on past performances of the numbers.  With that said, I do not like the look of Mid Dec at all just because the models are all bailing on it. 

NBD.  I think we both know enough to not put all eggs in ANY one basket, but as I prefer medium/long range, I'll say that the tellies have done far more right than wrong when using a blend.  MJO in 3-4-5 just doesnt get it done without help from AO/NAO domains (again, NAO is saving grace for next week - IF and only IF the neutral looks have any merit).  Otherwise please break out your secret santa, and let him beat up on the voodo doll. 

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

NBD.  I think we both know enough to not put all eggs in ANY one basket, but as I prefer medium/long range, I'll say that the tellies have done far more right than wrong when using a blend.  MJO in 3-4-5 just doesnt get it done without help from AO/NAO domains (again, NAO is saving grace for next week - IF and only IF the neutral looks have any merit).  Otherwise please break out your secret santa, and let him beat up on the voodo doll. 

Atomic is already crafting a reply to the bolded area.  I do agree that if one wants to forecast long range and go with blended averages, the tellies are a much better route than the models.   

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Atomic is already crafting a reply to the bolded area.  I do agree that if one wants to forecast long range and go with blended averages, the tellies are a much better route than the models.   

LOL.  Cant wait for that one....

Models typically correct to tellies, and not tellies to the models.....and have shown this many times when that a look from a week out sometimes goes poof....as its often just a correction to the base state.  NAO next week shows enough variance to keep an eye out but overall....its shades closed for me and A/C for Trainer. Those who "know me" here, know I rarely do this, cause I like some here love the search for snow.....that said, the ROI just looks negligible at best.  Props if you find a way to the promise land though....I'll be first in line to follow pal, and if you see something, please share it, cause I'm happy to add it to my bag of snow trix.   

23 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

LOL.  Cant wait for that one....

Models typically correct to tellies, and not tellies to the models.....and have shown this many times when that a look from a week out sometimes goes poof....as its often just a correction to the base state.  NAO next week shows enough variance to keep an eye out but overall....its shades closed for me and A/C for Trainer. Those who "know me" here, know I rarely do this, cause I like some here love the search for snow.....that said, the ROI just looks negligible at best.  Props if you find a way to the promise land though....I'll be first in line to follow pal, and if you see something, please share it, cause I'm happy to add it to my bag of snow trix.   

I have been leaning more warminista (in a sense of how I think it may go vs. what I want)  so far late fall and early winter so not really panhandling around looking for snow in places I will not find any.  But I do post what the models show regardless of how correct they may end up.  More importantly, let's use the word tricks instead of trix, right chief?  LOL

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Clouds moving in here.  Made it to 63 but going back now.  Look at Cap City sitting at 63 and MDT at 61.  That 67 record was not "too" far from being challenged. 

63 here now. Rise in temps has slowed greatly despite a lot of sun. Doubt will go much higher as this time of year we usually max out by 3pm even on sunny days. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have been leaning more warminista (in a sense of how I think it may go vs. what I want)  so far late fall and early winter so not really panhandling around looking for snow in places I will not find any.  But I do post what the models show regardless of how correct they may end up.  More importantly, let's use the word tricks instead of trix, right chief?  LOL

;) Duly noted....I try to forget about that MA forum persona as much as possible.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

2nd - let's run far and fast from "trix". 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2nd - let's run far and fast from "trix". 

Arguably one of the more arrogant personas I've ever come across.  I'm all about good spirited debate, but when someone constantly speaks in "absolute" terms.....that's just poor form.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Ukie is colder then its big brother for the day 6 threat. High in a better spot . Moisture moving in at 144. Would definitely be at least a decent front end .

I was watching the HP on the GFS and it was way too far east and return flow cooked us.  Lets hope for this one to trend better.

gfs_T850_us_25.png

55 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The GFS on TT is not even to the Wed storm yet but the PAweather 540 line is north of the LSV prior to the system so that is all I need to see unfortunately. 

And still the ridiculous heatwave the following weekend. The other models don’t quite agree (yet), but the GFS has been remarkably consistent with this feature.