• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS-NOWCAST for one or two periods of snow or flurries Sunday morning (11/28/21), most of the NYC subforum, with amounts generally less than 3/4".

wdrag

4 hours ago, Allsnow said:

Coating on colder surfaces. First snowfall of the 21-22 season 

Yeah, same here. We had a pretty good snow shower between 1:30 and 2 in the morning. Came down moderately for a little while and coated colder surfaces. Nice to see the first little accumulation of the season. Glad I was up late to see it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bluewave said:

First flakes of the season here in SW Suffolk. Light dusting earlier on the rooftops and cars. Temperature at 37° now.

Light dusting here too, I just saw it when I woke up on rooftops and cartops, why did this melt so quickly? It was gone in 30 minutes lol and then we had a few more flurries around 9 am but that's it.  Mine was just a light dusting, this looks better

https://twitter.com/falf0x/status/1464980746804809733

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rjay said:

LGA, JFK and ISP as well.  

Yeah I woke up to seeing a coating on roofs and cars, but I woke up at 7:40 and the actual falling flakes were out of the area by then.  Why did this move out so quickly?  There were more flakes around 9 am but not enough to stick.  What I saw on the roofs and cars was already gone 30 minutes after I woke up.

Aint no way I was going to wake up at 6 am for ANY reason-- not even to see snow.  Thats why I want it to snow during the day, when it can actually be seen.

16 minutes ago, uofmiami said:

Hopefully this will be acceptable to the our NYC subforum as the first snow.  If not, then I'll need to be informed. Otherwise, we'll go for the first widespread inch next time...whenever that is????  That's what occurred with a -NAO. Slightly disconcerting.  

• Like 3