Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2021 General Discussion

Hoosier

3 hours ago, Brian D said:

8-10" here in town with a foot in the hills. Grand Marais reported 17" in the higher terrain there. Another 3-6" slated for tomorrow. Blizzard conditions were more prevalent along Hwy 61 up along the shore NE of me, and the higher terrain, not really here in town.

4 inches fell here, most falling before 9 am...1-2" tomorrow night.  Nothing to write home about.   

22 with some windswept flurries tonight.

48 minutes ago, Chambana said:

I’d love nothing more than to experience a UP winter for just two weeks. The adrenaline has to be off the charts. 

After 8 years it takes a little more to get the adrenaline going than it use to, especially as it gets deeper into winter but I'm always pumped for a big snow.

Must be around 70" for the season here.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, weatherbo said:

4 inches fell here, most falling before 9 am...1-2" tomorrow night.  Nothing to write home about.   

22 with some windswept flurries tonight.

Bitter weather slated for New Years here, so LES machine will be wide open to end the year, and start the new one. :)

I really don't care at all for the bitter weather. Can't really do much when that stuff is around. Cold that hurts, and kills, although, we are prepared for that stuff.

On 12/27/2021 at 1:54 PM, michsnowfreak said:

I estimated 0.7" here. Not sure if that's a little underdone because it was already raining and sleeting. An absolute slurpee. Slowly melted during the morning, now its gone. Season 7.9" here, 8.5" DTW.  Had all the earmarks of an April snowfall however knowing that a wintry January likely lurks I won't complain.  

Trash December aside, it's crazy to note that Detroit has now seen measurable snow fall on 11 days and Chicago still waits. Although their wait ends tomorrow.

Per Ben. Lake Orion has had 18.8” this year. Lol

• Like 1

Today's quick hitting snowfall puts Detroit at 10.4" which is actually just ahead of average to date (9.7"). Heavy snow was reported at DTW for several hours on November 27th, 2 hours today, and briefly on December 6th.  Snowfalls on November 27th, November 29th, and today we're extremely scenic. And yet, it feels like such an empty start to the season.  This is how you know you are a Winter/snowcover lover and it's not all about the rates.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian D said:

After 2 days of snow, looks like 1 1/2-2'+ of snow fell around my town, and the higher terrain. A good 2 day run just in time for the cold weather. Skiers, and snowmobilers got something to play in now. :) 

I’ve got friends up in Lutsen right now having the absolute time of their life with all the fresh snow. Definitely a good few days for the north shore.

-8F for the morning low here.

11 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

I’ve got friends up in Lutsen right now having the absolute time of their life with all the fresh snow. Definitely a good few days for the north shore.

-8F for the morning low here.

I bet they are. :) 

-5 to -10 around the area here this morning. Just going to get colder, especially with the fresh snow. Looks like -20's coming up for a.m. lows by the weekend. 5 to -5 for highs. ISH! Seen much worse tho. (mid 1990's for example)

• Like 1