• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 General Discussion

Hoosier

Even Portland might see measurable snow before Chicago (they already got a Winter Storm Warning first):

Christmas Day
Rain and snow showers. Snow level 500 feet. High near 39. South southwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tonight
Rain and snow showers, becoming all snow after 7pm. Low around 29. South southwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Sunday
Snow showers. High near 34. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

On 12/8/2021 at 5:01 PM, cyclone77 said:

Interesting tidbit @Hoosier will probably like.  All-time max in Dec at MLI is 71.  That was in early Dec '98, less than a month from the New Years blizzard.  

Bump.  Still a long ways to go, but if this New year's snowstorm comes to fruition how ironic is that?  All-time Dec max followed by New Years snowstorm.  Let's do it.

• Like 2

Friends in Seattle and Portland posting snow covered Boxing Day pictures is making me chuckle. 

I've thought for a while now that "winter" in N IL is going to be 2-3 weeks of very cold combined with a few storms during that time that all add up to a combined 12-18 inches over that few week period and that will be it. 

Now I just want to know what weeks those will be! :-)

Hope all is going well, looking forward to the threads and chat once *something* looks like even a dusting of snow may hit that Great Lakes!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmc76 said:

3” this morning 

I estimated 0.7" here. Not sure if that's a little underdone because it was already raining and sleeting. An absolute slurpee. Slowly melted during the morning, now its gone. Season 7.9" here, 8.5" DTW.  Had all the earmarks of an April snowfall however knowing that a wintry January likely lurks I won't complain.  

Trash December aside, it's crazy to note that Detroit has now seen measurable snow fall on 11 days and Chicago still waits. Although their wait ends tomorrow.

• Like 3