Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2021 General Discussion

Hoosier

On 12/19/2021 at 6:58 PM, Stevo6899 said:

You cared enough to respond to him. I understand it's been a frustrating start to winter out in chicagoland, but don't take it out on other people, even though spartman may deserve it sometimes. You've been condescending for years on here and it needs to stop. Posts like these is what prevents newer members or guest viewers from posting or joining and growing the community on here. Que the lol response to this post, further making my point. Anyone can be an arrogant prick online, and its cowardly. Perhaps try to step down off your pedestal and be decent to people. 

Heeeyyy Stevo6899! :)

I do enjoy lurking & reading your posts to get your observations, as a former fellow east sider. Not much has changed either it seems...

2 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Heeeyyy Stevo6899! :)

I do enjoy lurking & reading your posts to get your observations, as a former fellow east sider. Not much has changed either it seems...

I feel like im the only silly soul left in this state lol. What brought you down to texas? Lack of big dogs lol? Or work? A friend of mine just moved to corpus Christi and loves it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

I feel like im the only silly soul left in this state lol. What brought you down to texas? Lack of big dogs lol? Or work? A friend of mine just moved to corpus Christi and loves it.

I work remotely now, so I felt Texas was the best place to move to at this point in my life.

No income tax and the warm falls / springs are definite pluses, as well as the weather being much Sunnier. It also has that same vibe California had 30-50 years ago with everyone tripping over themselves to come here, everything feeling new and the plethora of job opportunities.

EDIT: The higher risk of severe t'storms to track is nice too, although this last season locally was quite underwhelmingly.

I work remotely now, so I felt Texas was the best place to move to at this point in my life.

No income tax and the warm falls / springs are definite pluses, as well as the weather being much Sunnier. It also has that same vibe California had 30-50 years ago with everyone tripping over themselves to come here, everything feeling new and the plethora of job opportunities.

Right on. I visit austin often for work and that area is blowing up. I was thinking of maybe moving there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Right on. I visit austin often for work and that area is blowing up. I was thinking of maybe moving there.

Austin is real good if you're into outdoors stuff. It's pretty expensive there compared to other big Texas cities though.

I have family in Houston and San Antonio (some of them also moved from Michigan) They're all doing well.

And that's the thing. No matter what type of person you are, what your convictions are and what your ambitions are, there's a place somewhere in the state for anyone to fit in and do well.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 8:11 PM, Chicago Storm said:

news flash… we’re breaking a significant futility record come tuesday, i’m perfectly happy with this start to winter. if we’re not gonna big dog, nada and mild is the way to go.

btw, i’m the same person on the board as i am in person… i tell it like it is. denver matty can attest to that.

he smoked/chewed your ass. lmao

11 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

He ain't clogging nothing lately, except the ORD futility record talk. Chicago will make a comeback and I'm willing to bet that chicago beats DTW this winter by at least 10".

trash post!

Chicago is down 8" and they already average 5-6" less on average per year. i would easily take that bet

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Yeah, no doubt Chicago will rebound but it will be a tall order for them to get 18+ inches more snow than Detroit from now through the rest of the season.

And Detroit sees more snow days than Chicago. Steve has seen almost 10" this season with 3 2-4" events. Chicago has had almost zero and he still bags on our winters. its ridiculous 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Yeah, no doubt Chicago will rebound but it will be a tall order for them to get 18+ inches more snow than Detroit from now through the rest of the season.

All that's needed is one big dog to take the right (or, depending on your location, wrong) track.

Unlikely, sure. But not impossible. 

• Thanks 1

All that's needed is one big dog to take the right (or, depending on your location, wrong) track.

Unlikely, sure. But not impossible. 

Which is why I said a tall order, not impossible lol. Although even under your scenario, your big dog would have to drop 18" of snow at Chicago, 0 at Detroit, and the remainder of the season would still have to have the 2 see the same amount of additional snowfall.

6 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Which is why I said a tall order, not impossible lol. Although even under your scenario, your big dog would have to drop 18" of snow at Chicago, 0 at Detroit, and the remainder of the season would still have to have the 2 see the same amount of additional snowfall.

With how wild this year has been weather-wise (especially in the center of the country), I wouldn't rule out anything, lol...

• Like 1