Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
November 28-29 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There’s an eternity still for this storm. Kevin, you can’t lock in jack sh*t yet. If this amps up a little more than the 18z GFS, then you’d prob get mostly skunked and even up in pike region prob would. Hell, you already had some Ptype issues on the 18z GFS track. 

This is a good airmass for late November but it’s not the same as late December or mid-winter. Less wiggle room than those scenarios. 

18Z soundings for Kev are pure snow start to finish 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

18z Euro looks pretty tasty at 90h. Prob would be a nice hit for a lot of the region trying to extrapolate if it went out further. Northern stream really digging nicely. 

I’m not using the GFS. Pattern recognition led me to my very early call yesterday. I kind of wanted to just get mine out before Rays . He likes to cite his forecasts 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

18Z soundings for Kev are pure snow start to finish 

925 is pretty marginal for a while between 105-111...details don’t matter at this point but that overall look was definitely one that would have some red flags for me south of the pike and even around the pike. 

Luckily it’s just one run and is pretty meaningless on the specifics at 4.5 days out. 

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The airmass doesn’t look bad to me, am I missing something? If we can get something going a bit earlier and southeast of 18z… we’d be in business

It’s borderline to 850. Verbatim it’s meh, but we are 4+ days out so it’s early. It would need to bomb SE of current guidance. 

54 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

18z Euro looks pretty tasty at 90h. Prob would be a nice hit for a lot of the region trying to extrapolate if it went out further. Northern stream really digging nicely. 

Out and about tonight but just took a look and yeah, It looked like it would produce if we had a few more panels.

54 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m not using the GFS. Pattern recognition led me to my very early call yesterday. I kind of wanted to just get mine out before Rays . He likes to cite his forecasts 

I cite my forecasts right or wrong....and when the month started, I said we had a good shot of an accumulating snow. You won't see amounts from me until Friday.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I cite my forecasts right or wrong....and when the month started, I said we had a good shot of an accumulating snow. You won't see amounts from me until Friday.

Yup, you did say someone in our area would see accumulating snow,  towards the end of November ..... (or something to that effect) 6pm local TV met(Ch.9) said possible snow for monday