Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Holiday Forecasts 2022

Brian D

On 5/6/2022 at 1:36 PM, Brian D said:

Here's my July 4 forecast which is a Monday this year. I have the map for that day, but the weekend looks like a storm front moving through on Sat, with high pressure over the lakes Sun. I have a boundary along the southern sub, with another approaching front in the north on the 4th. Not a total wash out, but shwrs/stms will be around. Sunday into Monday could be rather cool for some.

July 4 forecast map.gif

Interesting.

GFS July 3.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my July 4 forecast which is a Monday this year. I have the map for that day, but the weekend looks like a storm front moving through on Sat, with high pressure over the lakes Sun. I have a boundary along the southern sub, with another approaching front in the north on the 4th. Not a total wash out, but shwrs/stms will be around. Sunday into Monday could be rather cool for some.

July 4 forecast map.gif

Looks like the gov models are starting to lock in to something similar to what I forecast, but 1 week to go, so we shall see. Hope ev1 enjoys the weekend coming up with whatever plans you may have. :) 

July 4 forecast map.gif

Decent call for this holiday weekend. My map is probably a better depiction of Saturday into Sunday's set up. 

July 2 weather map.gif

July 3 weather map.gif

July 4 weather map.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 1:08 PM, Brian D said:

I have a forecast for later in July on Parent's Day (24th). Looks like a front moving in with very warm temps ahead, and showers/storms on tap for the western areas of the sub.

Parents day forecast.gif

Looks like I'm going to be off by a good half day or so here. Front starts moving through the day before (23rd) into Sunday (24th).

July 24 wx map.gif

After Labor day, the holiday/observance list I use has nothing else really, so I have a forecast for the Fall equinox. Front moving through with a ridge following is what it looks like to me, so expect showers/storms affecting the region as we officially transition into Fall.

Fall equinox map Sept 22.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 2:03 PM, Brian D said:

Adding a couple more forecasts for August. Next up is Friendship Day on Aug 7. Looking rather warm, with storms, especially for the western sub.

Friendship day Aug 7 map.gif

Not too bad of a call for this day. High pressure moving in a little quicker in the north than anticipated, but a front moving through nonetheless.

Aug 7 wx map.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 12:40 PM, Brian D said:

Forecast for Labor Day weekend this year looks like a rather warm, and stormy scenario with Canadian high pressure starting to make a move into the region Sunday night into Monday. Here's the Labor Day map.

Labor day Sept 5 map.gif

The way it looks now, my forecast is off by a couple days. High pressure will move in Fri-Sat instead of Sun-Mon. There will be another front coming starting late Monday, tho, but I messed up on the high pressure timing. A generally cool, pleasant weekend on tap. Enjoy :) 

Labor day wkend forecast maps.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 1:19 PM, Brian D said:

After Labor day, the holiday/observance list I use has nothing else really, so I have a forecast for the Fall equinox. Front moving through with a ridge following is what it looks like to me, so expect showers/storms affecting the region as we officially transition into Fall.

A week out, and looks like a good call at this point, but we'll see as we get a couple more days closer.

Fall wx map.gif

On 7/25/2022 at 1:19 PM, Brian D said:

Going to be a full day slow on this one. Ridge will be firmly planted on the day of the equinox.

Fall wx map 2.gif

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 2:07 PM, Brian D said:

My Columbus day forecast looks like a system moving in along a boundary with a ridge up in Canada. Cooler in the north with some showers with warmer temps, and storms for parts of the southern areas.

Columbus Day Oct 10 map.gif

Very so-so forecast, not much precip, and the high moved in a little quicker.

Oct 10 forecast map.gif

37 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Well here are my last forecasts of this year for Christmas, and New Years.

For Christmas, looking a little mild with a potential system working through the western sub over the holiday period. This could be centered a bit more north, so we'll shall see how this pans outs.

Christmas Eve map.gif

Christmas Day map.gif

You don't say

:grinch:

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, Brian D said:

Halloween looks pretty fair overall. Temps will be chilly in the morning, but pleasant in the afternoon.

Halloween Oct 31, 2022.gif

GFS 00Z run last night has a close representation of my expectation for Halloween. Didn't have approaching system marked, as I didn't think it necessary, as high pressure will be the dominant feature that day, IMHO. Just being quick. :) 

Halloween GFS forecast.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 2:29 PM, Brian D said:

Halloween looks pretty fair overall. Temps will be chilly in the morning, but pleasant in the afternoon.

Halloween Oct 31, 2022.gif

Looks like a partially ok forecast. Didn't have the low coming in from the south into our southern sub. Expected that to stay across the SE US, so didn't think it'd have any bearing for us. 

Halloween map.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 5:01 PM, Brian D said:

Looking into Nov, My forecast foe Veteran's Day has a system moving through with some wet weather, and mix across the north. 

Veteran's day map.gif

So it looks like a good call here, but this will be an extended event ending on Veterans Day it looks like for most of us as the trough moves through. As we are just in range now for Thanksgiving, looks like a ridge is forecast by the GFS, which is what I'm anticipating, so we'll see how that ends up.

Veterans day map.gif

Thankgiving GFS map 11-7-22.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baum said:

I miss the 6 month out Holiday forecasts.

How about something a little longer than that. I have looked at next July 4 for you, so here's what it looks like to me. Pretty nice weather on tap. Late June/early July looks to have a series of fronts with some ridging in between them. Should keep things in flux a bit with temps, and precip.  I'll keep this for the next thread I start for 2023. 

July 4 2023 forecast map.gif

• 2 weeks later...