• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Prediction of the first snowfall for the NYC area.

MJO812

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

:lmao: 

I think it’s safe to call the record for Central Park at this point. So needless to say, this winter was an utter disaster. IMBY total was 8.5”. 19-20 was close but this was worse. 

I always joke predict 1"-100". Who knew I came so close to busting on the low end. LOL

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

:lmao: 

I think it’s safe to call the record for Central Park at this point. So needless to say, this winter was an utter disaster. IMBY total was 8.5”. 19-20 was close but this was worse. 

It got so bad that I refused to measure it, I just made my own scale of light coating, moderate coating, heavy coating, etc.

It was between 3-4 inches here, I'll go with 3.5 lol

0.5 inches..... December (only LGA properly measured this), 1 event

0.1 inches...... January (really just a dusting), 1 event

2.0 inches + 0.5 inches...... February, 2 events

0.5 inches + 0.1 inches....... March, 2 events

okay that adds up to 3.7 inches but it's really 3.5 since those 2 0.1 inch events were really just dustings and that first event in March was an estimate as it melted in the middle of the night.  So 3.5 is probably the top end of what we got.

1 minute ago, LibertyBell said:

It got so bad that I refused to measure it, I just made my own scale of light coating, moderate coating, heavy coating, etc.

It was between 3-4 inches here, I'll go with 3.5 lol

0.5 inches..... December (only LGA properly measured this), 1 event

0.1 inches...... January (really just a dusting), 1 event

2.0 inches + 0.5 inches...... February, 2 events

0.5 inches + 0.1 inches....... March, 2 events

okay that adds up to 3.7 inches but it's really 3.5 since those 2 0.1 inch events were really just dustings and that first event in March was an estimate as it melted in the middle of the night.  So 3.5 is probably the top end of what we got.

Wouldn't surprise me if Long Beach ended with 1-2". The 2/28 event was either rain or nonaccumulating snow there when I had 5", and the other minor events I had either didn't happen on the extreme south shore or were minor coatings. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Long Beach ended with 1-2". The 2/28 event was either rain or nonaccumulating snow there when I had 5", and the other minor events I had either didn't happen on the extreme south shore or were minor coatings. 

wow that event was 2 inches here and 1.5" at JFK.... I guess Long Beach can be different from JFK.

8 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Just as a comparison 1972-73 was less snowy than this winter at JFK and the south shore..... JFK only had 1.6" of snow that season, but it was a colder winter than this one....and it was about 2-3 degrees colder for DJF, which is mind jarring that a winter could be that cold and see that little snow.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...