Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

8 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Scallion pie. Veggie lo mean. Spicy string beans.  Those are my go 2s with Chinese.  Taunton has a great place downtown that @CoastalWx probably knows, Hong Kong City.  It’s a madhouse before Christmas.  Last year they had an outdoor digital reader board for when your order was ready.

I’ve heard of it. Never been.

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tso not gao 

I'm not going to lie, I thought the same thing but looked it up.  Learn something new everyday.

General Gau's chicken, often called General Tso's chicken, is chicken that's been battered and fried, then coated in a fragrant, orange-y ginger sauce that's spicy, tangy, sweet, and hot all at the same time.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm not going to lie, I thought the same thing but looked it up.  Learn something new everyday.

General Gau's chicken, often called General Tso's chicken, is chicken that's been battered and fried, then coated in a fragrant, orange-y ginger sauce that's spicy, tangy, sweet, and hot all at the same time.

Chinese buffet near me has it as Gau on the buffet. I always thought it was Tso.

• Like 2

Not to digress anymore.  Wishing you all the best and maybe we see some snow overnight around these parts but I’m not optimistic that it holds and doesn’t dry out.  Been a typical start to the season with not much winter weather wise before the holiday. Looks like I gotta wait till the pattern re-shuffles to crack the meat grinder.

• Like 1

00z NAM shows what looks like elevation discrimination by God, favoring elevated or even slightly raised locations away from the CT river valley. A situation of 1/2 inch of snow versus 1-2 inches.

Overall model signals keep edging ever so slightly better for Connecticut for tomorrow. Or at least, more consensus of the 1-2 inch deal. 

Hey. I’m at 236 feet in altitude. And one time in 1992, that couple hundred feet was the difference between, like a foot and like an inch, of snow.