Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS continues to say eff you to any block and keeps moving north. At least Christmas is mostly dry. 

Lol. Let’s see if we can get the euro to show dry on 12/26 while GFS has dendrite playing naked twister with ptype line. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

-NAO is way overated this time.  I will never trust it with the PNA like that again.  Forward pattern looks like hot garbage.  

Our historic stretches in the northeast (not all of them, but some) have had a -PNA and -NAO combo. But, like with any pattern....it's not always a guarantee and nuances in the overall look will cause it to have destructive interference or expectations one did not hope for. You think anybody expected Boston to break its snowfall record with a raging +NAO? It happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

"12/26 event" will really be Christmas afternoon starting. 

And it gon rain for 95% of subforum. Grinch wins again

Better chances than not I warm sector. Would be nice to get rid of this dreadful ice.

It's really eerily symbolic... like the models are catching something spooky in the act of moving physics around for some weird need to see that happen LOL.

Seriously, one school of thought is that the "Globe" part of the G, F, and S model is supposed to mean, in principle, a full planetary integrated system?  If thats the case, and the NAO is indeed fated to a nuanced subtlety that allows a system to get to CNE, it might be a model that is more likely to detect that. 

Just sayn'

Or not... 

I cannot stress enough, tho - the GFS did this three weeks ago with equal panache.  Hung it's verification out to dry on a system no other model carried along. For days it insisted... then it finally capitulated.  Gone...with like 36 hours to spare.   I think everyone's acknowledged this - it's not a new point... But just thought I'd bring it up again.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Our historic stretches in the northeast (not all of them, but some) have had a -PNA and -NAO combo. But, like with any pattern....it's not always a guarantee and nuances in the overall look will cause it to have destructive interference or expectations one did not hope for. You think anybody expected Boston to break its snowfall record with a raging +NAO? It happens. 

I think historical patterns are not as relevant given the fast flow due to cc and this time we see that.  Tip says NAO is overated and This is one more example.  

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You still ok with snow tonight / tomorrow morning?

It’s drying up a bit on guidance but you should still get an inch or so would be my guess. It’s more problematic further east. 

Hopefully it overperforms a bit. 

• Like 1