Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Beer?

Once in awhile I’ll go for a small amount of whisky. I’m careful about it though I’m kinda vulnerable to substances. Treating Aspergers and ADHD does offer some protection from alcoholism however, but only because I have willpower. 

I’ll try not to bring up climate shifting again here. But I really hope we get a cool inch or two shortly. That stuff out west makes me jealous.

How often I have lived out there when the ridge was always over us in recent decades. They called it a “Rex Block”.

Rex Block was my nemesis at the height of my snow crazed teenage years near the Sierra.

• Like 1

Just now, ice1972 said:

You’re not seeing what I’m saying…..if you go 8 of 12 weeks with garbage winter and then follow with 4 weeks of epic how can you tout that as amazing…..the mood of winter matters

I’m just messing with you. It was really funny when I first read it. 

I think four weeks of epic can go a long way to making a season. It can certainly bring back a season on the brink, as we’ve seen in recent years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m just messing with you. It was really funny when I first read it. 

I think four weeks of epic can go a long way to making a season. It can certainly bring back a season on the brink, as we’ve seen in recent years.

Don’t get me wrong I do love good storms on their own but over the years have grown a big fan of the more elusive wire to wire pack- the more the better…..still trying to break the all time depth of 30” in late Jan 2011…..it was just so amazing

2 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

You’re not seeing what I’m saying…..if you go 8 of 12 weeks with garbage winter and then follow with 4 weeks of epic how can you tout that as amazing…..the mood of winter matters

Well the mood is 24 hrs old, so chill the hell out. So we didn’t convert our first possession, and have to punt. But there’s 14:30 seconds to go in the first quarter. Should we all give up and walk off the field after 30 seconds?  The mood can change in a literal flash.  If it were March 1st, I’d absolutely agree with you. But it’s 12/22. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Well the mood is 24 hrs old, so chill the hell out. So we didn’t convert our first possession, and have to punt. But there’s 14:30 seconds to go in the first quarter. Should we all give up and walk off the field after 30 seconds?  The mood can change in a literal flash.  If it were March 1st, I’d absolutely agree with you. But it’s 12/22. 

I’ll give it another 3 weeks…..but that’s it

• Weenie 3

5 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

I don’t recall 2015 being all that amazing here….it wasn’t 2011 bazurk that’s for sure….

2004-2005 was still the most intense winter I ever had out here. I mean one storm after another after another and almost all of them were snow. Not only that, the season got started early. Mid-November 2004 a cool 8 inches was dumped on providence.

I know sometime in the 2010s might have beat that one… but it was a close comparison I bet

Just now, ice1972 said:

I’ll give it another 3 weeks…..but that’s it

So we have til January 14th, and then you’re checking out?  Thank god…:thumbsup: lol. 

Still a huge chunk of winter left even after 3 weeks go by Ice. 

Relax, pour another shot…this will soon be  a distant tantrum, as you soon shovel big snow off your property. 

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You’ll definitely find a few folks on here that agree with that 6 week winter sentiment. 

Folks just need to understand that there is a seasonal lag, so on average you don't get the harshest winter weather during the solstice in the mid latitudes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Some would say that is still a ratter…..like winter doesn’t just get to excuse itself for 8 weeks and then everything is cool if it’s amazing the final 4 weeks…..that’s lame

I get it, you want it to snow early mid Dec and last until March but it doesn't happen often down here, 2011 didn't start until I think Jan 11th-12th and that was a great year. A good Feb into March has happened some years and those have been good too. You might have to move in with Phin or PF to get what you want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

So we have til January 14th, and then you’re checking out?  Thank god…:thumbsup: lol. 

Still a huge chunk of winter left even after 3 weeks go by Ice. 

Relax, pour another shot…this will soon be  a distant tantrum, as you soon shovel big snow off your property. 

Please be right…..

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Folks just need to understand that there is a seasonal lag, so on average you don't get the harshest winter weather during the solstice in the mid latitudes.

Oh boy if you do though…..and that’s my measure of a winter…..don’t be ordinary old man…..be amazing

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yes absolutely. Same thing in the summer…rarely is it blazing HHH on a regular basis in mid June. Maybe we should say the summer sucked on 6/22/20 cuz we had no 90 degree days, and it was cool and damp.  Then July-September of 2020 walks in the door!  Dam how that summer season changed its tune quick.  

• Like 1