Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

6 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

yeah, San Diego was what I was referring to as same daily forecast, but I've been keeping my eyes on the weather in the areas I've been looking to plant flag, and it's been as low as cold as mid 30s, and that I was told is about as cold as it gets, minus the occasional freak artic blast to the gulf, but, next week will tickle 70, so I'm sure you can probably grow palm there if protected when it does get that cold... I'm looking forward to severe season for sure though there.

North Georgia has real beauty. Where are you going to be?

Snowpack blows. 

1) You gotta do walking detours when your shortcuts get all buried in snow. Sure you could walk through the snow but not if its very deep. You could fall and get trapped and be buried until spring. 

2) Sometimes it can impede driving...like pulling out of side streets or within parking lots. It's just a giant Mount Washington of Snow. 

3) It makes it feel even colder. 

4) You can get snow in your shoes (this ties into #1 I guess). 

5) When it melts everything becomes a mud pit. 

6) If it's too much...you run out of places to put the snow. 

7) Snow pack blows. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 6

Just now, mreaves said:

North Georgia has real beauty. Where are you going to be?

somewhere between lafayette and ball ground, depending on what I can find for land, but that seems to be the sweet spot for commute, community, etc. plant is in kennesaw another in acworth, so about an hour north of there is far enough, yeah some really nice area N Georgia, especially near the mountains

2 hours ago, tavwtby said:

95-96 seemed to have a lot of those that broke just right it seems, what we'd give for another season like that, considering this may well be my last winter in NE, took a job in N Georgia, so, won't be seeing much snow there I'd reckon

Certainly better politically down there , less taxes and huge return on cost of living savings. Good luck man . Should see some nice HHH, severe and occasional 75-90 mph remnants of gulf hurricane gusts 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I agree that December snows are certainly more festive, but March snow events are just better...especially anywhere remotely close to the ocean. But even regionally...I feel there are more high-end March events than there are December events.

I'd have to agree here also, depends on if you're a snow pack or snow accumulation type person, plus the festive nature and all... also, I'll continue to live vicariously through the forum here as I've been a member since the eastern days, although I've never met anyone here in person, almost like I know you all as some weather family, which I mostly check in during winter, funny how that goes

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

December is preferable but March is more likely. And once snow chances end here we have to endure spring.   I’m planning to escape to warmth for a week or 2 in March

My ultimate favorite time of year is late May, where most leaves and plants have long been sprouting but everything is this bright and vibrant shade of green PLUS flowers. 

summer is good but things look darker green and more mature. Furthermore, everything deciduous and green starts taking on a bit of a “crusty” appearance by late August… like the greenery is just tired and middle aged. And in August, Convective activity also dies down (at least around here)

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

It is cold here.  What mechanism wants the boundary in an offshore light?

We're inverted right now so we have some in-situ CAD locked in for the onset, but there's some pretty good WAA that works in around 925. Soundings are razor close, but it's close to snow for a few hours before that WAA flips the low levels to liquid. Then it comes down to the sfc as to whether it's R or ZR. I think we'll ZR for a bit, but latently warm and rot at 32-33F through afternoon.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We're inverted right now so we have some in-situ CAD locked in for the onset, but there's some pretty good WAA that works in around 925. Soundings are razor close, but it's close to snow for a few hours before that WAA flips the low levels to liquid. Then it comes down to the sfc as to whether it's R or ZR. I think we'll ZR for a bit, but latently warm and rot at 32-33F through afternoon.

Hopefully it’s additive to the pack

Guys... I'm really hoping for that pattern change. I do believe it will happen. Just not as fast as we all thought, but when it does make that transition, boy look out. 

On a different note... I felt the need to share, we just found out today that we were chosen to give a beautiful little 8 year old girl a forever home with us. We've grown very fond of her over the last 6 months and now she will call our home her home for good! Now That's what life is about ( oh.. And she loves the snow as much as I do, score!! )

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Guys... I'm really hoping for that pattern change. I do believe it will happen. Just not as fast as we all thought, but when it does make that transition, boy look out. 

On a different note... I felt the need to share, we just found out today that we were chosen to give a beautiful little 8 year old girl a forever home with us. We've grown very fond of her over the last 6 months and now she will call our home her home for good! Now That's what life is about ( oh.. And she loves the snow as much as I do, score!! )

Kudos to you and your family!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

That’s awesome man. The hell with that pattern.....that’s epicosity right there. Good for you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1