Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

8 hours ago, TheSnowman said:

As ALWAYS, this board talks in Riddles and Expects people to know what in Jesus you are saying….  

Come north to WRJ area mile marker 70.”  

What in TARNATION is WRJ????  And how would I know if it’s Snowing where the little Marker 70 is?  And do you mean Mille Marker 70?  Moose Marker 70?  Is it a big green state sign?  Is it a little yellow one?  

8 hours ago, mreaves said:

Look at a map?  White River Jct. If you looked at a map, you would have seen I-91 and I-89 intersect there and you may have them been able to deduce what may have been a logical route, up 91 to 89, down to 93 and back to Boston, where you said you needed to end up. Along the way, you might have seen some small, green signs along the side of the road with a series of numbers on them. The one with a 70 would be mile marker 70. I know it’s complicated but I’m sure you can figure it out. 

Sorry, I was not trying to be overly vague. 

WRJ is White River Junction.  By being in Brattleboro, coming from Mass I presumed you were on I-91.  Brattleboro is roughly 10 mile into Vermont on I-91.  As you will, no doubt know, that Federal Law requires interstate exits to be renamed for what mile marker they are at.   Vermont has responded by putting signs at the bottom of the exit sign saying what mile marker the exits are at.  Additionally, every 2  tenths of a mile on the interstates in Vermont, there are green mile markers.  By giving you this information I was giving you an idea how far it was.  If you looked at my location to the side of the post it would also have been a good hint where to look for WRJ and that there was snow there. 

And as MREEVES points out I suggested a loop with I-89.   My full post was

Come north to WRJ area mile marker 70, we have 6+ inches, you can then take 89 back down or at least go to Okemo instead of Wilmington

Maps would have been a good hint that the road you were on and I-89 meet at WRJ.  I agree however that the use of airport codes and fake ones drives me to do research into where people are talking about frequently.  

I hope you found some better snow to show your friend.  I got over 10 inches.

• Haha 1

There’s a leading shortwave we need to watch for 12/24...could bring a round of light snow...then the main wave on 12/25.

Both systems are kind of all over the place on model guidance...euro doesn’t really have much on 12/24 and then looks pretty torchy for 12/25...meanwhile other guidance has both distinct waves and is much colder. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RippleEffect said:

from my understanding it'll be all rain if it doesn't phase with the northern stream wave by Montreal and that doesn't look like it will happen. unless you get to Maine than there it snows for a bit!

Yeah the airmass is mild ahead of that storm. So no real use to wish it west unless you want that. Maybe outer edge in western areas is a mix or something like that.

6 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

So he's "triggered" when people post random warm maps of one snapshot in time, and triggered when he asks why he is being weenied when also simply posting maps....interesting lol

Gotta love how posting long range snowstorms draws ridicule, but posting extended lead warm charts is "factual". This place is unbearable when it's not snowing.

It’s a joke from another conversation. 

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

If you think this is close the shade worthy, you would lived in a room with padded walls and around the clock monitoring in the 80s. 

Kids these days....I'll tell ya. 

But to be honest, we didn't know any better back then. We had nothing to compare anything to.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

In any case I didn’t think much had changed. Need to wait until PNA moves east which it will. That’s when we’ll have better shots at something. Still will have some SE ridging, but that’s par for the course. 

Not seeing the PNA moving east at all, this is as cold as you will ever see on the EPS out west

image.png.efcdca30d7aab24efc12fa27cce8f7d1.png

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1