Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

On 12/16/2021 at 8:22 AM, CoastalWx said:

I'll illustrate. Maybe we are talking past each other and this is also just for the next two weeks or so. I think I feel better having this role into January. Anyways, I feel like I want to see these features more east for something more epic. Get that cold, but also the baroclinic zone a bit to the east. We do have that Greenland ridge and confluence east of us, but it may not force everything under us. It also may be a little on the drier side with that type of flow over us..but again that is a mean and doesn't show daily details.  We will have some chances I think...just not sold on the epic look, which for whatever reason caused angst. 

image.png.61f8168934472f3eeb7a8e302dda819b.png

Later in the 11-15 day actually shows this. I know you don't want the SE ridge, but to me, that's a more active look with a cold source nearby. Maybe more SWFE or overrunning?

image.png.4b9fddcc20f52d8a436410e1d21cedaf.png

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It's not strong, but with that 500 look in the Pacific there will be a propensity for one I think. 

Because of the -PNA I guess. I love seeing a -NAO because it usually leads to winter weather at this time of year. I'm not  buying the Christmas warmup on Euro with a big block in Greenland and phase 7 of MJO. It should be much cooler.

Just now, KEITH L.I said:

Because of the -PNA I guess. I love seeing a -NAO because it usually leads to winter weather at this time of year. I'm not  buying the Christmas warmup on Euro with a big block in Greenland and phase 7 of MJO. It should be much cooler.

Well remember MJO phases won't always fit composites perfectly. It just gives you an idea.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KEITH L.I said:

Toss MJO, it’s coloring your perception.  I haven’t looked but is it a weak wave or strong.  That makes a big difference vis a vis influence.   I’ve seen nao time and again give us AOA normal temperatures.   Nothing exists in a vacuum.

44 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It split in half during one of those dangerous DItty wind storms so it was barely hanging on…and it was close to the driveway.  

Yeah you pretty much have no choice in that situation.  I haven’t cut a tree down in a long time-ceded to the aborists.

• Like 1