Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What a miserable day. 39.6° and heavy fog off of a high of 41°. The front is on the north side of CON right now. MHT airport was partly sunny and 56° on the car thermo…upper 40s and BKN at CON. You hit that cold air/fog like a wall. 

Yikes.  Upper 50s on my Davis for high.  Nice afternoon

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What a miserable day. 39.6° and heavy fog off of a high of 41°. The front is on the north side of CON right now. MHT airport was partly sunny and 56° on the car thermo…upper 40s and BKN at CON. You hit that cold air/fog like a wall. 

Never got out of the mid 30s here.  Had 2 separate periods of precip, 1.6" dense SN overnight from 0.38" LE with a trace of ZR on top, then 0.18" cold RA between 9 and 11 AM.  Sun tried to show its presence shortly after noon but then hid for the rest of the daylight hours.  Only light fog here so far.  So far this month I've recorded at least traces of snow on 13 of 16 days, for the grand total seen on the sig.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 512high said:

I think you or Ray and others mentioned that in January, any major difference from say a week or go? Meaning hanging around longer ?

Yea, I mentioned January looked better for PNA in my Dec 8 blog post in the "January Preview" section at the end. MJO 8 in early Jan is possible. 

Funny how this is shaping up like a 2010-2011 lite...in that while no, the pattern is not as epic like it was then, but we have neg NAO/RNA potentially handing off to PNA pattern in Jan.

• Thanks 1

At least it looks cold for the 24th and 25th. If any snow comes from the 23rd threat it will guarantee a white christmas wherever it falls.

Just seen the GFS when it comes to temps but it has been pretty consistent the last couple days with sub-freezing highs all over the northeast. Probably colder if there's snow on the ground

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

18z gfs is pretty bad if you like snow... <8" for most of SNE the next two weeks.  And that's with generous algorithms

Well it was completely opposite at 12z with many chances for storms.

Will probably continue the flip flopping in the long range and show a more active look at 00z