Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Another tick or two on the Euro and you will have the track, Thinking 60/40 Euro/GFS blend  right now, Starting to see where the convergence on track will be,  Will start earlier then modeled too, Typical SWFE favored climo.

My area is going to be right near the dividing line for appreciable snows or not.....judging by the past several years, I'll narrowly miss, but this area is due for some beeaks. Been porked for every reason in every direction past few seasons.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My area is going to be right near the dividing line for appreciable snows or not.....judging by the past several years, I'll narrowly miss, but this area is due for some beeaks. Been porked for every reason in every direction past few seasons.

Yeah, You're on the fence, 10-20 miles could make a big difference for you, I have a little more room here.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Some day you will get one like this

. Alpine Meadows tonight 

Palisades.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Late bloomer just outside BM.

Aside from the range....yea, yea...I get it...that is totally fair game. Not skeptical at all....I know it gets better, thereafter, but that block is trending faster to develop.

Good to see the blocking get going 

38 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Cmc also has the Miller B storm but weak. All 3 models have a smiling outcome.

Ways out there but blocking is doing its work on these models. The low tries to drive into the block but then heads east and re develops near the coast.

61b977ab2eaac.png

Looks good for New England 

The Canadian is showing why having blocking is so important, the 20-21st low actually misses out to sea, but due to the severe North Atlantic blocking the low cannot move, it just sits there. That gives the northern stream more time to catch up, phase with the southern low that is way offshore and hook it back in just enough to result in a big storm in new england. It may not evolve exactly that way, but it shows that there is a lot of room for error.