Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, klw said:

snow for the Patriots tonight?

Was just watching videos of a snow squall blowing through, the wind will be a much bigger factor. I remember a game over ten years ago up there when they couldn't kick field goals, the Buffalo kicker aimed it at the left goalpost and it ended up 20 yards to the right of the right goalpost. The goalposts were crooked from the wind, crazy weather up there.

Massive torch incoming for about a week or so starting this weekend...well maybe a brief break with FROPA on Sunday but then it torches for much of next week. 

EPO ridge rebuilds toward 12/18-20 but there will be a lag on our sensible wx. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Massive torch incoming for about a week or so starting this weekend...well maybe a brief break with FROPA on Sunday but then it torches for much of next week. 

EPO ridge rebuilds toward 12/18-20 but there will be a lag on our sensible wx. 

If that’s the case, it’s likely after Jan 1 until there’s even any talk of snow . Tough next couple of weeks leading up to and thru the holidays . 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ll see. Certainly Dec not working like thought 

Yea, I agree....if I'm being truthful, I expected some bouts of PNA this month and it doesn't look to happen anytime soon. I also expected some NAO help, which is also a miss right now. However, I still expect improvement before holidays and suspect that January may end up a bit better than I had advertised with this delay.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I agree....if I'm being truthful, I expected some bouts of PNA this month and it doesn't look to happen anytime soon. I also expected some NAO help, which is also a miss right now. However, I still expect improvement before holidays and suspect that January may end up a bit better than I had advertised with this delay.

I think Feb is the only month to look forward to for snow chances and storminess. Just my opinion, but I feel Dec and Jan are basically lost . I’m sure an event or two like tomorrow will come along, but all in all pretty depressing 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think Feb is the only month to look forward to for snow chances and storminess. Just my opinion, but I feel Dec and Jan are basically lost . I’m sure an event or two like tomorrow will come along, but all in all pretty depressing 

Maybe...I am still optimistic. I don't think this will be a terd of a season. I clearly will have some dents in the outlook, though, which is fine...just learn from it and collect another year of data to incorporate in the future.

41 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

All guidance is rebuilding the EPO ridge pretty clearly around 12/20....we'll see if that date gets pushed back at all but if it doesn't, I'd expect plenty of winter wx chances in late Dec and into Jan.

Even getting eastern Greenland ridging too but that dam SE ridge is stubborn. Maybe we get some cold to ooze in?

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Even getting eastern Greenland ridging too but that dam SE ridge is stubborn. Maybe we get some cold to ooze in?

I'll take my chances with some se ridging....the last thing I want this season is more LBSW. I am done with that...if I am going to get screwed, let it snow in Maine.