Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

We know how these events go...modeling shows 8-12", everyone gets excited. Then they nearly always they end up as 5-8" with a crust of sleet or ZR on top and everyone is dissappointed.

They can produce that efficiently...but that is the upper bounds. Like 12/13/07, 12/16/07 type deals....we will have to watch because this has some juice with it, but how much does it trend north...

25 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Late month 12/07 was a bit nicer up here though we had the obligatory Grinch storm on Christmas eve.  12/27-31 brought 3 small-medium events for 14.4" and 1/1-2/08 added 12.5" (season's biggest snowfall) for a 27" week.
If we can score some decent pack next week there's a chance the mild-up won't take it all and we can be in continuous snow cover thru at least met winter.

We had like 3 inches of crud (snow changing to IP/ZR) on 12/30-12/31 and then the separate 1/1 event gave us about 3-4"....late bloomer though and got your area much harder. Even near Ray up by NH border I think had 6-8".

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Who would be disappointed with 5-8?” They shouldn’t be at all..especially being a first event. 

Weenies expecting the model output of 8-12" when they receive 5-8". "The GFS blows...the Euro is garbage. These models used to be better."

Just now, dryslot said:

6-10" is the ceiling and these typically end as zr.

5-8" for my latitude. 8-10" for yours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

For PF Phin NNE peeps that's a pretty strong SW diving in tomorrow night. Some good snow squalls

A tiny bit of synoptic moisture with that...that's the clipper we were keeping half an eye on. Should be good for the upslope zones. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Can't wait until we get a nice snowstorm. Scooter already sent this next one north of you. But then again the Scooter flip is a well know entity

He's on the MA/NH border so he has a shot of something decent. I'm cooked with retreating high unless this goes over the Flemish Cap. It's fine. Lots of winter left.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Every times lips n hips are mentioned, I just picture Steve doing this dance. I can't help but crack myself up. :lol:  

My favorite part is the one final "lips n hips" really fast at the end....you just know he's heaving one more load of doggie doo as a buzzer beater in the closing moments

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My favorite part is the one final "lips n hips" really fast at the end....you just know he's heaving one more load of doggie doo as a buzzer beater in the closing moments

Bringing out the bluetooth speaker and blasting the song as he's shoveling the doo over the fence.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Bringing out the bluetooth speaker and blasting the song as he's shoveling the doo over the fence.

:lol: I'm playing the song now in my office and just laughing picturing him just thrusting the shovel loads of poop over the sand dunes in Westerly...timing the release from the shovel with "hips"...collect the scoop on "lips"....heave on "hips"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1