Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, backedgeapproaching said:

4-5" of snow on the ground here with thunder, lightning, rain and hail..or sleet or graupel or something.  Think that might be a first for me to have that combo platter.

Nice on the thunder and lightning.  I haven't been paying enough attention as I didn't think that was in the offering regionally this evening.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Damage is coming. Yes!!!

Strong to perhaps damaging winds Mon & becoming very mild with
  highs into the 60s with a low risk for a few spots to approach 70

Hey if we have to have warm why not go from toast to roast. Rare to get a 70 degree day this time of year. Of course it loses somehting if its raining.

41 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I didn't realize how warm it got down there today.  Must've felt nice to be honest without any snow on the ground to protect.  Today had a raw chill today... wasn't "cold" but that damp, foggy 30-34F at the mountain just felt miserable, ha.  Coldest elevation this afternoon was 1,500-2,000ft as the upper elevations warmed above the inversion.

With no snow it wasn’t bad. I would have lit my Christmas tree on fire if there was snow. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I think in order for us to get big changes in the long-term we need to see significant changes across the western Pacific and across Asia. As long as we continue to be in a positive East Asian Mountain torque regime we continue to see wave breaking just off the continent and when combined with enhanced convection/-OLR anomalies across the west-central Pacific this is driving a huge ridge across the central Pacific to west of Alaska with troughing across Alaska. 

Matt hugo has been touting the -AAM going positive possibly mid December but we definitely want to see some changes if we can get them to flip this pattern instead of constant warm

• Like 1