Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

You should have kept your forecasts the way it is. Things can drastically change by January. But being so erratic you're not going to have the respect from people on the Forum. Just sayin in a friendly kind of way.

The models had the polar vortex weakening in December, but now they are deepening it during the winter. That’s a bad sign, as the guidance chances shouldn’t I adjust my forecasts accordingly? I hate seeing the polar vortex deepen in January. 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’ll take my chances… SWFE climo isn’t hideous here… I’ll take a few inches and run 

You'll want that high to hang on a little longer than shown....which it might. Way too far out for details. The thing could be hundreds of miles different by next week. But verbatim, that high sliding east starts to turn the BL into a problem inside 128/I-95.

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

0.7" here before the change to ZR about 9:45.  Heading into Farmington about 11, we'll see if drivers in the foothills are as ill prepared as on the coastal plain.  At least the snows are mounted and the firewood in the bed.

No problems on the roads though I took a back road to avoid a plow truck with a string of cars behind.  However, the lady cutting my hair commutes Auburn-Farmington and she had to stop 3x while getting around accidents this morning and saw several other cars visiting the boonies a bit.

Still near 32 here with light RA/ZR.  We'll see how much warm air makes it to CAD land ahead of the CF.