Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

You completely gone bro. So Let’s write off 3 weeks right now, cuz we know exactly how the weather is gonna play out over those entire 3 weeks?  Wow, what happened to you? 

Dude. There is nothing to get excited about for weeks. When there is hope, I’ll let you know. Until then, get drunk and wax your sled.

• Haha 2

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Dude. There is nothing to get excited about for weeks. When there is hope, I’ll let you know. Until then, get drunk and wax your sled.

When there is hope, can we still get drunk?  NOP folks may fare better if we get into a true SWFE pattern. I’d probably want to be in NH or ME though. 

Mm there’s a fly in the ointment for an out-and-out warm shits pattern though. 

Variance is getting rather extreme across the mid latitudes of the continent, N-S across that mean polar boundary. Your mixing and snowing within 50 miles on the N side … nearing 60 on the S.  Moreover, it’s vacillating like an unmanned firehouse every other run. 

The reason for that is because (we discussed this earlier ) the +AO/ strong PV structure is displacing/biased axial node(s) toward  our side of the hemisphere.

That’s a crucial bias; it changes the map a bit. It’s compressing the height south and offering all kinds of confluence contention … also pressing cold air unusually far south under very fast Westerly mlv jets. 

If it were not for that we probably would just go inferno… but at least day 5  through 11 or 12, I don’t think it’s going to be as cut and dry as a straight up Pacific dominant pattern. It could … sure. But there is hope for winter enthusiasts. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't buy anything I'm seeing on the GFS ensembles after 12/10.  Look at the northern hemisphere views and everything just stops moving after 12/10, like an entire hemispheric "block".  It seems unusual and I don't think that's actually going to happen - unless it's some sort of common artifact of being the end of the ensemble run.

Just something that stuck out to me - even on the 500 mb map...

43 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol…for weeks?  Ok Dude, you got it.

When it snows during your “weeks” window of nothing going on, we’ll have to bump this post. 

Sled already waxed and ready…N. Maine in line for some good snow over these next few weeks.  Very exciting.

4 minutes ago, bristolri_wx said:

I wouldn't buy anything I'm seeing on the GFS ensembles after 12/10.  Look at the northern hemisphere views and everything just stops moving after 12/10, like an entire hemispheric "block".  It seems unusual and I don't think that's actually going to happen.

Probably not a good idea to buy anything on any ensembles 10 plus days out, the way they’ve been changing every day. 

• Like 2

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Lol…for weeks?  Ok Dude, you got it.

When it snows during your “weeks” window of nothing going on, we’ll have to bump this post. 

Yes. 3 weeks, no accum snow for you. Write it down. Maybe we can sneak something in before d10 and if we do, I’ll be happy you nailed a great ‘anything can happen’ forecast. But expect cold, rain, warm thru dec20. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Probably not a good idea to buy anything on any ensembles 10 plus days out, the way they’ve been changing every day. 

True.  Just inserting some debate to the "it ain't gonna snow the next 3 weeks" discussion.  Hard to tell if that's going to actually happen if you can't get any semblance of an actual weather pattern that might make sense past 10 days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yes. 3 weeks, no accum snow for you. Write it down. Maybe we can sneak something in before d10 and if we do, I’ll be happy you nailed a great ‘anything can happen’ forecast. But expect cold, rain, warm thru dec20. 

From what we see on ensemble guidance, nothing is set in stone currently. Sure we can strike out completely.  But there are signs that this isn’t a complete golf season set up for 3 weeks either.  

But if You wanna call it 3 weeks of nada, on 12/1 that’s cool. I’m not ready to call nothing at this stage. So if you’re right, I’ll be happy you nailed a “Nothing can happen” forecast too. 

In the mean time, go get high on edibles and drive em long and far…I’ll let you know when it’s gonna snow. :P