Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

36 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Boom!  exactly dude - we laugh uneasy, because that was a problem.

In fact, I know why that happened last year.  ...or at least I really have a hypothesis. 

Opposite of what is happening now ( since Nov 16 -> how long it lasts, notwithstanding).  Something I have been noticing as of late ... the lion's share of colder height anomalies over this polar stereographic perspective have been over our side of the Hemisphere...

Below is the D10 EPS mean just to make the point, not a forecast.   And it may be too much of a good thing so to speak.  This was the other direction ...I think the western Pacific through Siberia was very deep in heights last January, ...during that 2.5 week span in which we saw gradient become perhaps too relaxed as you intimated...  Why?  who the heck knows...but the 'global wave #' might have had something to do with where the PV tended to slip off the axis - if you will - and meander to where it did back then, and recently. 

image.thumb.png.bff2b5f52d85e8d7f224618ee75a5b5d.png

How far are we/what would it take for those 3 ridges to bridge one to the other and shove the cold south?  That looks like a great pattern for Quebec City in terms of gradient

11 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

Maine has a current population density of just 43.1 people per square mile, over an area consisting of 35,380 square miles, which makes it the least densely populated state in New England, the American northeast and the eastern seaboard, as well as all states with an Atlantic coastline and all of those states east of the Mississippi River.

The way life should be.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Anyone interested in going in on F5 weather with me? It has the most accurate snow maps....I can do a business account for $50 monthly, which up to 10 people can access.

Let me know and if I get a few willing to pay life $5 monthly, then I will.

I had WB last year which I liked. I just signed up for weathermodels instead to give it a try but I don’t like it on mobile. How is F5 on mobile?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Anyone interested in going in on F5 weather with me? It has the most accurate snow maps....I can do a business account for $50 monthly, which up to 10 people can access.

Maybe

I currently have stormvista 

• Weenie 1

33 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd go in.  Also, couldn't PM you, is it turned off?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 512high said:

Ray,I wouldn't even be able to figure out how to use it lol! If it helps the rest of winter enthusiast, PM 

your full name address I will cut you a chunk for a few months 

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I'd go in.  Also, couldn't PM you, is it turned off?

Here is the link for package descriptions.

If we can't get one or two more people, you both can probably just subscribe to pro, like I did for $15 (includes ensembles and UK etc), or basic for $10.

F5Weather Weather Forecasts & Models ECMWF UKMET ACCESS GEM ICON (f5wx.com)

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Looks like a negative epo pattern on the gfs

Lot of western troughing though so that would make cutters a high risk...which this run has a lot of. On the flip side, there's some pretty good antecedent airmasses so there's some front enders and any of them could trend a lot colder...esp at the sfc.

I think it could be pretty good for NNE....not sure on SNE though.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Lot of western troughing though so that would make cutters a high risk...which this run has a lot of. On the flip side, there's some pretty good antecedent airmasses so there's some front enders and any of them could trend a lot colder...esp at the sfc.

I said yesterday, this pattern reminds me a lot of the 2018-2019 season.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I said yesterday, this pattern reminds me a lot of the 2018-2019 season.

Hopefully we have a few more Quebec highs than that season. That is what really separated that year from something snowier like 2007-2008.

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Negative epo presses more on the gefs. Have to watch out for that.