Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Nothing riding my broke back especially broke back Mtn peeps.B)

All joking aside, I would love to spend a summer at Misquamicut.  That’d be the life but I do really enjoy the summers up here.  The classic ski town saying of “came for the winter, stayed because of summer” rings true.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

All joking aside, I would love to spend a summer at Misquamicut.  That’d be the life but I do really enjoy the summers up here.  The classic ski town saying of “came for the winter, stayed because of summer” rings true.

Not Misquamicut though too many touristas. Some nice private beaches in between are epic with perfect wave breaks. I miss living there in the summer. But Stowe is absolutely a cool summer place especially if you enjoy singing soprano after swimming 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

describes 75% of the posts in here.

A little bit of chop busting is fine and fun. But when a full blown troll continuously posts antagonistic messages…it’s nothing but useless, and highly detracts from the forum.  

We all know when a model run looks putrid and there’s no problem saying so etc etc….but when somebody uses that to antagonize the majority of posters/people here constantly, it just degrades the forum.  Sure we can ignore him, but if that’s how a person feels, then they should be in the southeast forum or the southwest forum where they can talk about the type of weather they are looking for.  It’s as simple as that. He’s here to bust chops…nothing more. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

A little bit of chop busting is fine and fun. But when a full blown troll continuously posts antagonistic messages…it’s nothing but useless, and highly detracts from the forum.  

We all know when a model run looks putrid and there’s no problem saying so etc etc….but when somebody uses that to antagonize the majority of posters/people here constantly, it just degrades the forum.  Sure we can ignore him, but if that’s how a person feels, then they should be in the southeast forum or the southwest forum where they can talk about the type of weather they are looking for.  It’s as simple as that. He’s here to bust chops…nothing more. 

c'mon, forky is harmless

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

Dr. Judah Cohen is pulling the plug in Winter so that must mean the opposite will happen. :P My oh my what does this imply?. Possible Ural blocking make hit the PV hard?. 

9-km ECMWF Stratosphere 50 hPa Geopotential Height Anomaly 50 hPa Geopotential Height Anomaly 240.png

What does it imply?   That it’s not going to snow at 65,000 feet.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I won’t typically get involved in that sort of thing but where is this troll post? - ‘nough energy spent in it finally triggers morbid curiosity heh.  I mean I just scanned back a few didn’t see anything that antithetic but perhaps I missed it. 

Nothing egregious, just relentlessly "poking the hornet's nest", as you would say.

Well all clowning aside, after last October's coastal cane which seemingly took out half the trees and lines on our street, I'd be okay with just a few inches of snow Christmas morning only for the inevitable afternoon slushfest to take its place. Ah yes, another Christmas of yore in southern NE..but yeah, tame/stable weather isn't always a negative thing, especially when you have all sorts of other responsibilities that take precedent. (ie blowing away the last few frozen leaves into the woods)