Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

20 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ditty’s winter emotional well being goes as you go.

Weather is emotional. Good and emotions are good. Bad or negative and everyone’s emotions are flushed down toilet . They try to hide them with cutesy posts , pictures and song parodies. We all handle our weather emotions differently.. some wear them on their sleeves .. others try to mask . There’s no right or wrong 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Torch Tiger said:

I am positive.  You're the one(s) wishing for cold weather with ice, wind, virus /sick wx, car accidents.   I just want 45 and sunny.  Nice spin though

Yeah... Quite a spin. The one thing I'll say to you, I too love the winter, love the snow. But I'm also realistic. I've been on this Earth for 50 years, when it comes to the winter weather it makes me feel like a kid. My family in the house here laugh and how much I enjoy it am I as they all love the summer and warmth. The only thing that bothers me it's when someone taunts other people on purpose oh, kind of poking them with the hot poker just to get a reaction. That I don't find cool. I'm sure you mean well. And I'm sure that you'll get what you want out of winter and we'll get what we want out of winter. Only time will tell

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I never went bitter. Sometimes it's good to have some fun. I don't mind the cutter's for the next 12 weeks..or whatever it ends up being if it can drive a good airmass in. For whatever reason, people are expecting a ton of early snow....and it may not work out that way. 

Fixed.

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Weather is emotional. Good and emotions are good. Bad or negative and everyone’s emotions are flushed down toilet . They try to hide them with cutesy posts , pictures and song parodies. We all handle our weather emotions differently.. some wear them on their sleeves .. others try to mask . There’s no right or wrong 

Anyone who says, "It's just weather" is full of crap.  It may not show with some people, but all of us have even a bit of emotional investment with the weather to some degree (even if it's hidden), otherwise we would not be here and instead just wait for the 6 o'clock weather report on TV.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Yeah... Quite a spin. The one thing I'll say to you, I too love the winter, love the snow. But I'm also realistic. I've been on this Earth for 50 years, when it comes to the winter weather it makes me feel like a kid. My family in the house here laugh and how much I enjoy it am I as they all love the summer and warmth. The only thing that bothers me it's when someone taunts other people on purpose oh, kind of poking them with the hot poker just to get a reaction. That I don't find cool. I'm sure you mean well. And I'm sure that you'll get what you want out of winter and we'll get what we want out of winter. Only time will tell

It's just weather

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Anyone who says, "It's just weather" is full of crap.  It may not show with some people, but all of us have even a bit of emotional investment with the weather to some degree (even if it's hidden), otherwise we would not be here and instead just wait for the 6 o'clock weather report on TV.

I don't get as bent out of shape as I used to. Of course we want fun weather, be it snow or canes.....but life is too busy to bitch about it. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

For sure. Your emotions are tied to Scooter vibes as much as anything though. If he is down, you’re down. If he is upbeat, you’re all in with 1-2ft with lollies to 3ft all the back to the hudson river.

28 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

True. I actually have gotten more emotional over spring and summer bright big coc. I hate the dews and the rain more than ever.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I am positive.  You're the one(s) wishing for cold weather with ice, wind, virus /sick wx, car accidents.   I just want 45 and sunny.  Nice spin though

One troll post to another:  Yes, I like cold and snow so that means I want car accidents and COVID outbreaks.  Better people want warm and sunny, as those ski and snomo workers and enthusiasts are terrible people who deserve to have their jobs and sport disappear.
:lol::weenie::lol:

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I never went bitter. Sometimes it's good to have some fun. I don't mind the cutter next week..or whatever it ends up being if it can drive a good airmass in. For whatever reason, people are expecting a ton of early snow....and it may not work out that way. 

I know a bitter queen when I see one...and we all follow your moods very closely.  You are the emotional barometer of the mets on here.

You know I'm just playing...

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The emotional key is not to set yourself up with unrealistic expectations.  You are the opposite of cool calm and collected wxwise. All in or all out nothing in between. 

• Like 2

GYX pimping early

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Gray ME
308 PM EST Tue Nov 30 2021

MEZ012>014-018>028-033-NHZ004>015-012015-
Southern Oxford-Southern Franklin-Southern Somerset-Interior York-
Central Interior Cumberland-Androscoggin-Kennebec-Interior Waldo-
Coastal York-Coastal Cumberland-Sagadahoc-Lincoln-Knox-Coastal Waldo-
Interior Cumberland Highlands-Northern Carroll-Southern Grafton-
Southern Carroll-Sullivan-Merrimack-Belknap-Strafford-Cheshire-
Eastern Hillsborough-Interior Rockingham-Coastal Rockingham-
Western And Central Hillsborough-
308 PM EST Tue Nov 30 2021

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for Maine, south central Maine,
southwest Maine, western Maine, New Hampshire, central New
Hampshire, northern New Hampshire and southern New Hampshire.

.DAY ONE...This afternoon and tonight.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday.

A storm system has the potential to bring significant precipitation
early next week. Much uncertainly remains at this time.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The emotional key is not to set yourself up with unrealistic expectations.  You are the opposite of cool calm and collected wxwise. All in or all out nothing in between. 

Yes . Thank you captain obvious. You handle things differently . We all do . You post 10 day charts that show BN and snow. And emotionally, that helps you deal with it . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes . Thank you captain obvious. You handle things differently . We all do . You post 10 day charts that show BN and snow. And emotionally, that helps you deal with it . 

I post model output for those unable to view in tabular form. You are welcome Captain Oblivious. Sorry you didn't get your 2 inches Ave for Nov like your neighbors to the NE did. Still snow otg there. I even saw patches in Hanover Ct yesterday 

24 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I know a bitter queen when I see one...and we all follow your moods very closely.  You are the emotional barometer of the mets on here.

You know I'm just playing...

I honestly don't feel that bad. I don't see evidence of a permanent death star and I like these interludes of cold we get. 

• Like 1