Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Just don't want first system to redevelop too late but be strong enough to screw up the dynamics of system #2.  I guess that is more of a worry for those of us further inland though.

It's a valid concern for everyone...just be on the look out for the inverter trough like crap because that will be the kiss of death that something like that will probably take place. There will be several posters lurking around the thread from that point forward playing "pin the tail on the delusion", but don't be one of them. Get out, and if you're pleasantly suprised, great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Yes over the years, The 12/5 date has produced over the years.

Less so in my memory - nice events 3-4-5 in 1989 and 2007 but 6-7/03 is easily tops for 1st week Dec.  NNJ memories of big Dec snowstorms begin with 11-12/1960, 18" at low teens for the deer season opener - learned to field dress on dad's 5-pointer. 
Nearest to serious hypothermia came on 12/4/1965 at my uncle's N. PA hunting camp.  4° at sunrise, but it was the day's final hours that did it, plus inadequate clothing.  Temp never topped 15 and I sat for 2+ hours facing NW into strong winds and some light LES before heading back to camp.  Was okay for dinner but the instant I stepped outside afterwards the heavy shivering resumed, and continued throughout the 4-hour drive home, while dad and uncle C roasted in the front seat.  Only the warm bath at home stopped it.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's a valid concern for everyone...just be on the look out for the inverter trough like crap because that will be the kiss of death that something like that will probably take place. There will be several posters lurking around the thread from that point forward playing "pin the tail on the delusion", but don't be one of them. Get out, and if you're pleasantly suprised, great. 

I bet some of the H5 looks will be fantastic though.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

:lol:

I could have used this yesterday.

43 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Dec 2019 I had 2 12” events within 24 hours.    They were sorta parts of the same system though.  

Ya, that was the same system for sure Dave. 

But I remember the ones Will mentioned…especially the twin Feb 94 systems. 93-94 was a record breaking and special winter though, so it fit the narrative that season for sure. 

They do happen, so ya can’t say they never happen,  but as Ray said it’s rare.  And you can certainly hedge your bets against anything like that happening most of the time. But one of these times it will happen again. 

49 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I was in Boston then. I don't think Hamden got much, maybe 8-10".

They might have had a lil more than that. I know it skipped to the east with the real huge amounts, but I had 13-14” here, which compared to eastern CT paled in comparison obviously.  

But in ‘13 Hamden jackpotted and was totally buried with the big 40” total from the February 2013 Blizzard.